Foundation primer

SuperCollider

Foundation primer

Post by SuperCollider » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 pm

I decided to go out and find myself some primer, did it happen? No.
The only one I found was by gosh, and it had colour to it... it appeared to be too dark for my complexion when I tested it, which would make me go orange, or would it? Anybody used the gosh primer? [It comes in 2 shades, light and dark...]

That is the only primer I could find in a 20 mile radius, do they actually sell primer in the UK? Like Smashbox or MAC... just not like £20

I've heard the lanacane thing... but for some reason I don't fancy it on my face, does it smell? Look icky and white?

Please help :D The non-stayingness of foundation is getting on my nerves!

halocaustic

Re: Foundation primer

Post by halocaustic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Go for Lanacane...I've used MAC, Smashbox, Monistat and Lanacane and they all work equally well.

It doesn't smell and you only need a pea sized amount for each 'half' of the face. Let it dry completely before putting anything else on your face and you won't even know its there.
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

dreamNcolor

Post by dreamNcolor » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm

I use the monostat, it works lovely!!
I only dream in color.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:36 pm

I didn't even realise the primer came in colours, mine is clear. :?

I don't know if you have oily skin, but if it is on the oily side I wouldn't recommend Gosh asI've found it doesn't do a lot for it.

I have some Lanacane tester I got in the post but I never wear foundation now since I have to take it off to get it done at college, so its never been used. After all that time it took to bloody get it too, typical!
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

Svefn-g-englar

Post by Svefn-g-englar » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:28 pm

I bought some Lanacane the other day and it works great.. but it says on the box not to use more than 5days?!

is it harmful or something?

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:45 pm

I use Lanacane too :D
I doesn't smell, and it's clear and like a gel
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:22 am

Another vote for Lanacane. It's clear, it doesn't smell and I've been using it everyday for a couple of months now and my skin hasn't reacted to it at all.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:29 am

I use the Monistat and love it :) I think it lasts longer than the Lanicane, too, though I may just not have noticed any bit about it expiring.

Svefn-g-englar

Post by Svefn-g-englar » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 am

Svefn-g-englar wrote:I bought some Lanacane the other day and it works great.. but it says on the box not to use more than 5days?!

OMFG

I HAVE BEEN PUTTING THE VAGINAL ITCH CREAM ON MY FACE

LMFAO

I thought it was pretty good tbh haha.. but I have been using it with my new Dr Feelgood balm..

BAHAHAHA

Miss Sprinkles

Post by Miss Sprinkles » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 pm

Svefn-g-englar wrote:
Svefn-g-englar wrote:I bought some Lanacane the other day and it works great.. but it says on the box not to use more than 5days?!

OMFG

LMFAO

I thought it was pretty good tbh haha.. but I have been using it with my new Dr Feelgood balm..

BAHAHAHA
Oh Dear, That is quite traumatic!

I am hi-jacking this thread, sorry. Can anyone reccommend a primer for quite oily/shiny skin? I have combination skin and at the end of a working day my forehead is very shiny! I have tried lots of options Mac Prep and Prime and also their Oil Control moisturiser. I have also used No7s which is the best out of the bunch. I am currently using a tea tree oil control moisturiser which is not too good. Just wondered if anyone could reccommend a superb mattifing primer. My other option is to reapply my powder, but that kinda would make sense wouldn't it?

supervixxen

Post by supervixxen » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Miss Sprinkles wrote: I am hi-jacking this thread, sorry. Can anyone reccommend a primer for quite oily/shiny skin? I have combination skin and at the end of a working day my forehead is very shiny! I have tried lots of options Mac Prep and Prime and also their Oil Control moisturiser. I have also used No7s which is the best out of the bunch. I am currently using a tea tree oil control moisturiser which is not too good. Just wondered if anyone could reccommend a superb mattifing primer. My other option is to reapply my powder, but that kinda would make sense wouldn't it?

No ideas on the primer, sorry, but have you tried using blotting papers throughout the day? I use rice powder ones and they're great for sucking up excess shine without making your skin look cakey.

- supervixxen

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:19 am

Svefn-g-englar wrote:

OMFG

LMFAO

BAHAHAHA

BRILLIANT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I bent my wookie!!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”