Shaving eyebrows for regrowth

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Shaving eyebrows for regrowth

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:02 pm

I'm getting more and more tempted to shave off my damn unruly eyebrows :twisted: i just can't seem to get the shape of them right recently and i'm thinking that shaving them off and just letting them grow back to their natural shape is the way to go instead of waiting for random bits to grow back. there's a problem though.. i'm terrified! ha ha

has anyone done this successfully? did it take long for them to grow back and did they grow back patchy? is there a super duper amazing technique i should use when taking them off?

help :mrgreen:
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

kittiegothgirl

Re: Shaving eyebrows for regrowth

Post by kittiegothgirl » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:32 pm

you are better off by plucking them into shape everytime..
i shave mine off, and when they come back they are pretty patchy and ugly :p
lol
i used to pluck them into shape when i had real eyebrows and that worked just fine ;)

runningwithlola

Post by runningwithlola » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:28 am

Ditto.

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:53 pm

i have been plucking but now they're an awful shape and i hate having the patchy regrowth that has to happen for them to grow back in. i was hoping that shaving them would eliminate some of the patchiness :( ah well, prices must be paid for beauty and i guess ugly brows will need to stay for now!

beccah

Post by beccah » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:52 pm

I decided to leave my question in here since its sorta similar
Its on behalf of my friend.She asked me and i thought you knowledgeable lot might know :D

She wantts to shave her eyebrows off so she can draw them on,she has thought about it long and hard however shes terrified that she wont be ble to draw them on properly.
She wants to know,if she shaves them off and fails at drawing then,how long does it take for eyebrows to grow back at least a bit?
Ive tried telling her not to do it but she wont listen so i thoughr she might as well be well informed :lol:

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:04 pm

beccah wrote:I decided to leave my question in here since its sorta similar
Its on behalf of my friend.She asked me and i thought you knowledgeable lot might know :D

She wantts to shave her eyebrows off so she can draw them on,she has thought about it long and hard however shes terrified that she wont be ble to draw them on properly.
She wants to know,if she shaves them off and fails at drawing then,how long does it take for eyebrows to grow back at least a bit?
Ive tried telling her not to do it but she wont listen so i thoughr she might as well be well informed :lol:
It varies, but for me it takes 2 weeks-1 month to fully grow back. During that time is a nasty phase of stubble >.<

If she's worried she can't draw them in, she can practice before shaving them off, or tweeze her eyebrows very thinly and draw over that (which is what I tend to do).
More human than human

runningwithlola

Post by runningwithlola » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Another way to see if you can draw them on is just to put some good makeup over your actual brows and then draw them on somewhere else (like, slightly above them). that's how I practiced a bit before I shaved them off the first time. Then I would check using a webcam to take pics to see if they looked ok.

dreamNcolor

Post by dreamNcolor » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:50 pm

Ice_Pick_Abortions wrote: has anyone done this successfully? did it take long for them to grow back and did they grow back patchy? is there a super duper amazing technique i should use when taking them off?
Wether you pluck or wax, or even some have it naturally, your eyebrows will grow out with those 'patches' till there. If you pluck so many times, depending on your body & this is not true for everyone, the hair will stop growing. Regrowth time also depends on the person, some can have it regrown in 3-4 weeks, others can take 4-6 weeks. I average how many times you pluck/wax to determine the growth level..

I draw mine on, I don't even need to shave the eyebrow hair because it's so light! haha I suggest cheap eyebrow pencils & lots of practice!
I only dream in color.

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:32 pm

i think i have to clarify that i am by no means an eyebrow newb ;) they've been waxed or plucked for about 8 years and i've been filling them in for about 4 years. i know how long it takes them grow in (i swear it's got shorter over the years!). it's just recently in the last few months that no matter what i do they don't seem to work and i'm just so frustrated with them that i feel like shaving them off and not having to use brow gel for a while ha ha. stupid paternal curly hair gene.. seriously, curly and unruly eyebrows are the devil :twisted:

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”