Lips colour match - help

Gemstone

Lips colour match - help

Post by Gemstone » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Helloo ladies, I hope someone can help me.... I'm sure most of you know how hard it is to find the perfect red lip colour, well I found mine, it's called Siren and it's a lip pencil by Benefit, lovely and matte finished (which is why I love it). My problem is that it's been discontinued for some time now and I am about half a pencil away from finishing my stash (I had about 3 at one point) and I am desperate to find something which is close/the same shade.

If it helps the link here has the best picture of it - it's kind of a deep red, blue based.

http://pi-1.prod.sfstat.net/thumb/e5/30 ... 9a-200.jpg

I did try MAC and Ruby Woo is a little lighter that it, also tried their lip liner in brick and it's close but not quite red enough (it seemed too brown)....

If anyone can come up with something close you will make me the happiest lady in the world
I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a concrete elephant

Bomber

Re: Lips colour match - help

Post by Bomber » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Did you try MAC's lip pencil in Cherry? It's more of a blue based red than Brick is. They also have a shade called Redd which may be a bit more suitable.

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:14 pm

I think we tried Cherry which was a little pinker than what I wanted but can't be too sure - my OH was "helping" by drawing on my hand for comparison so I lost track!... somehow I think a trip back to the MAC counter without him will turn up better results.... Thank you though, it's good to have some names to try :)
I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a concrete elephant

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:49 am

Have you tried illamasqua? Looks kinda similar to their torment shade http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/catalogu ... pencil/30/

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:25 pm

No haven't tried them yet as I wanted to see it in person and the nearest stockist is their flagship store in Soho.... so I just have to convince the Mr that we really need to head to London for the day and then get "lost" in the soho area so I stumble across it lol :)

I actually found a good stop gap lipstick in the collection 2000 range this morning in superdrug and also Sleek cosmetics have a new "pout paint" so highly pigmented it's unreal (really, I have washed my hand 6 times since i used the tester and it's still kinda stained)- so until I can get to London these will do

Thanks again ladies.... ya'll have given me some really good ideas and I will be checking out the other options soon

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Gemstone wrote:No haven't tried them yet as I wanted to see it in person and the nearest stockist is their flagship store in Soho.... so I just have to convince the Mr that we really need to head to London for the day and then get "lost" in the soho area so I stumble across it lol :)
It's just off Carnaby Street, so get "lost" in that sort of area ;)

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”