Silver Lipstick... hmm

[Phexxie]

Silver Lipstick... hmm

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm on the hunt for a half decent, but inexpensive, silver lippy

i had a Stargazer one a few years back that miraculously vanished in my old house mates bedroom, and while the colour of it was perfect, it lasted all of five minutes making it rubbish for a night out!

ive not tried any other brands as of yet because im a little bit skint and i dont want to go wasting money if i buy something that turns out to be a bit pants

i dont want full on silver, more of a sort of silvery wash, if that makes sense?
anyone who has used the Stargazer silver should know what i mean :)

basically, a silver i can mix in with some eyeliner or other lippys to make different shades

preferably something i can buy within the UK, i would rather avoid postage costs if i can, but its not biggie if i really have to order online

any recommendations?

guest123

Re: Silver Lipstick... hmm

Post by guest123 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:56 pm

i probably have a silver eyeshadow somewhere lol, might try it out

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:18 pm

stinamoo wrote:I am totally classy enough to use eyeshadow + gloss as a cheap fix for whatever lip colour I need. Might be worth a try if you don't have extra funds just now :D
ditto! Any time I need a strange color I just reach for eye shadow and a basic gloss.

hellsbells

Post by hellsbells » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:52 pm

VixenSingsBlack wrote:
stinamoo wrote:I am totally classy enough to use eyeshadow + gloss as a cheap fix for whatever lip colour I need. Might be worth a try if you don't have extra funds just now :D
ditto! Any time I need a strange color I just reach for eye shadow and a basic gloss.
:lol: Thirded!

I also find that liquid eyeliner works pretty well, especially if you gloss coat it :)

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 pm

hellsbells wrote:
VixenSingsBlack wrote:
:lol: Thirded!

I also find that liquid eyeliner works pretty well, especially if you gloss coat it :)
you can count me as #4! :lol:

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

i have a Revlon one from years ago that behaves JUST the way you describe. Not sure if they still make it, but if they do, I think it will work for you. I want to say the shade was called Silver Star...

beccah

Post by beccah » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:51 pm

I have a a Loreal "Virtuale Rouge" silver lipstick,i think it's also called Silver Star. You can pick it up online for about £2.99 :)

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”