eyelash help! :(

MissPlastik

eyelash help! :(

Post by MissPlastik » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:49 am

I have stupidly sensitve skin and get eczema around my eyes.

when this flares up I cant wear make-up.

i hadn't had eyelashes for about 3 years untill a few months ago when for some reason my eczema calmed and they had chance to grow abit.
they come out really easily, i guess this is down to rubbing my eyes.

anyway i got to wear mascara for a couple of months, sounds silly but i was well chuffed!

But yeah...eczema flared up again and now im back to having like 12 eyelashes.
(dont laugh :P)

I know theres not much i can do about the flare ups.
i have tones of creams and tablets.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on what to use to help them grow
and if theres anything that can help remove mascara with as little rubbing as possible.

I get jealous when i see people putting eye makeup on :P

stefi
x

Librarynerd

Re: eyelash help! :(

Post by Librarynerd » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 am

My eyelashes are very sparse and my skin is very sensitive to mascara and eyeliner (it makes me want scratch my eyes out!)
I have fallen in love with fake eyelashes. They take some practice to put on but I've found that if I us medical greae adhesive, the kind used be professional theater actors, it is totally non irritating and comes of easy.

The best part is you pop them on and the band at the base looks like black eyeliner! Take them off at the end of the night and viola, all eye makeup off without any cleanser. They really look stunning, better than I could ever look with just mascara and eyeliner.

Make sure to trim them to fit your lid perfectly and it does take some getting used to wearing "eye wigs". A good quality pair can be reused many times, the cheapo "fantasy" styles not so much.

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:08 am

aww i should have mentioned...falsies annoy me >.<
heh

I may try them again though, thankyou for the reply :)

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 am

I find cheap eyelashes really heavy, bulky and annoying but more expensive ones like MAC are really light and natural and I sometimes forget I'm wearing them :oops:

cherrygloom

Post by cherrygloom » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 am

I actually wear dirt cheap eyelashes every single day! They come in packs of 10 from China and cost me about £3 for the whole pack. They don't bother me at all, which is good because I really can't afford to splash out on MAC eyelashes everyday!

Just thought I'd throw that out there - cheap lashes are not necessarily bad lashes.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Like people have suggested you could try false eyelashes again, and another thing is stop rubbing your eyes missy! that's probably weaking your eyelashes too and making it hard for them to grow.

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 pm

maybe this might help if you do give fake lashes a try i found when i tried fake lashes i was doing them pretty wrong and that was why i hated them :lol: http://www.squeakmachine.com/Essays.php?section=make-up

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm

ok guys i'll give falsies another go :o

i'v seen some good and bad reviews on eyelash growth serums and i just wondered if anyone here has used any.

they all seem to be pretty expensive and i dont really want to spend 60quid on something that doeant work >.<

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 pm

I think you'd have to be careful with false eyelashes as the glue could irritate your eczema even more.

I've never tried an eyelash growth serum, I'm afraid.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 pm

RE: Growth products for eyelashes: http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/07/13/n ... etic-drug/

Seems some of them are sham products, and even unsafe for use in some cases. But maybe look up the one mentioned in the article, see if it's available yet.

Other than that all I can recommend is what worked for the eczema around my eyes, which was Ultrabalm by Lush. Although mine wasn't as severe as yours sounds.

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:10 am

maybe you can have a chat with a dermatologist about it and see if they can suggest anyhing about those syrums.

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:13 am

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13953#p241387

I made a post about eyelash growth. I don't know what it would be like for your eczema though.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:26 pm

MissPlastik wrote:ok guys i'll give falsies another go :o

i'v seen some good and bad reviews on eyelash growth serums and i just wondered if anyone here has used any.

they all seem to be pretty expensive and i dont really want to spend 60quid on something that doeant work >.<
Maybe the Doctors could recommend you something safe to use eyelash growth serum wise? as I'm sure they'd no what ingredients irritates eczema and what you can and can't use. You wouldn't want to try something and make it worse 0_0 I think this would be your best solution :)

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:50 pm

personally, I wouldn't want to get that eyelash growth serum anywhere near my eyes as they are...much less if I had eczema! Just not worth the risk IMO
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”