Liquid eyeliner help/make-up remover

Miss_Panda

Liquid eyeliner help/make-up remover

Post by Miss_Panda » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:09 pm

I'm currently using the Almay liquid eyeliner that says it last 16 hours, which is true however when i do my 'cat eye flicks' after a few hours i've noticed the black tends to fade to a softer black shade and it flakes a little bit :( it says it's hypo-Allergenic and thats one of the reason's i like it as in the past i have tried Rimmel, NO7, collection 2000 and they all seem to sting my eyes, were as Almay doesn't seem to, but I'm getting fed up of the flaking.
Has anyone tried liquid liner last by MAC and no if it's any good? http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/s ... =PROD70268
Or possibly suggest me some other brands? I'm in the UK btw.

Edit to add: I also want a new make-up remover for sensitive skin, atm i'm using simple eye make-up remover however it seems to dry my skin out and stings a little bit :/ I did use to use this L'Oreal de Maq Expert Ultra Make Up Remover, but they've apparently stopped making it :( so something similar to this would be great! NOT make-up wipes i hate using them -_-
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Kajablomst.

Re: Liquid eyeliner help/make-up remover

Post by Kajablomst. » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:46 am

About makeup removers, I have very sensitive skin, so I use baby wipes, it's very important that they don't have mineral oil in them (Parafinium liquidum, Petroleum..) Mineral oil is really bad for sensitive skin, and it clog pores...

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:10 am

Kajablomst. wrote:About makeup removers, I have very sensitive skin, so I use baby wipes, it's very important that they don't have mineral oil in them (Parafinium liquidum, Petroleum..) Mineral oil is really bad for sensitive skin, and it clog pores...
my skin either goes to one extreme or the other when it comes to washing it, it either is dry and flakey or oily and pimply so since i dont wash my face more than once or twice a week i too us baby wipes, we have the sensitive skin ones for my son and they do the trick, sometimes if i'm wearing a bit much or something really dark i do put a smidge of Clean&Clear's dual action moisterizer... its a life saver for me both for make up removing and patching dry spots. dont put in on your lash line ofcourse but for the outter eye it works :)

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:15 am

hmm will give that a go then

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:23 am

For liquid liners I cannot recommend highly enough Urban Decay's liquid liner. I use it every day and it I do thick lines with large flicks, and it has great staying power. It's quite expensive but the bottle lasts a long time.

I have previously used L'Oreal's liquid liner and would recommend that based on the product, but I am now fastidious about not using products tested on animals.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Will have a look at urban decays then ^^

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:31 pm

xalternmommyx wrote:
Kajablomst. wrote:About makeup removers, I have very sensitive skin, so I use baby wipes, it's very important that they don't have mineral oil in them (Parafinium liquidum, Petroleum..) Mineral oil is really bad for sensitive skin, and it clog pores...
my skin either goes to one extreme or the other when it comes to washing it, it either is dry and flakey or oily and pimply so since i dont wash my face more than once or twice a week i too us baby wipes, we have the sensitive skin ones for my son and they do the trick, sometimes if i'm wearing a bit much or something really dark i do put a smidge of Clean&Clear's dual action moisterizer... its a life saver for me both for make up removing and patching dry spots. dont put in on your lash line ofcourse but for the outter eye it works :)
forgot to ask what brand do you use?

scandium

Post by scandium » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:23 pm

If it's a "waterproof" makeup often they are oil-soluble so can be removed by using oil as a makeup remover--I first tried this using a similar product to bio-oil which probably wasn't the best idea since it contained mineral oil, luckily I suffered no ill effects! I've also tried using apricot oil which I think is a bit better for use around eyes and such. Overall using oil I found I didn't have to try as hard to get the makeup off which reduced the irritation anyway.

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Miss_Panda wrote:
xalternmommyx wrote:
forgot to ask what brand do you use?
Brand of eyeliner? typically its whatever i have, im not huge on liquid eyeliner so i dont use it much i normally just mix some pigments with some UD primer and use it for certain little things where i'd use liquid liner. but if i have it on hand then its usualy whatevers on sale i think what i have currently is maybelline that stilleto crap.... and i mean crap i personally hate it.

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 am

I heard on some tv show that you shouldnt use baby wipes to remove make up because it pushes make up into the pores rather than cleansing them? I tend to use baby wipes when I stay at my folks house because its all thats around.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Yea it doesn't seem to remove my make-up properly anyway :/ I'm using a garnier product atm for dry and sensitive skin
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Gromidez

Post by Gromidez » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 am

I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup. It not only takes it off easily and without me having to scrub (which is very bad for the soft skin around eyes), but its great for your skin as a moisturizer.

cherrystarlet

Post by cherrystarlet » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:08 am

On the MAC Liquid Last Liner - it really does last, all day and into the night - even once survived me having a shower!! :i6:

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”