Cleaning skin around piercings?

Tahti

Cleaning skin around piercings?

Post by Tahti » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:30 am

I recently got my nose pierced, and to cut a long story short, I find it quite difficult to wash my face with abandon now ><;
The skin around my nose tends to get oily and it needs to be exfoliated quite a bit, but I can't really wash the skin around the piercing now...
Obviously I'm cleaning the piercing but the skin on my nostril looks pretty mank. Anyone with a nose piercing offer advice? ;/

[Tank]

Re: Cleaning skin around piercings?

Post by [Tank] » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Well, is it still healing? I suggest keeping all face products away from it, although I'm sure you already know this xD

If not, just be more gentle around the nose ring/stud, and clean around it last of all, then use a cotton bud to get rid of any excess gunk around ze nose stud/ring and then clean it with whatever solution you use to clean :D
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 am

once it's all healed up all the way through washing with wild abandon isn't as hard anymore

also, if you want to exfoliate your nose you could use fine non-iodized sea salt and then just rinse it away, it wouldn't be a tragedy if you got a bit on your piercing, although you'll still want to avoid a lot of contact as being undiluted it could dry out your piercing...but all the same, probably not as bad as a chemical wash with exfoliants for now
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

Dreadfulfaeryfalls

Post by Dreadfulfaeryfalls » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:49 pm

Have yout tried using a wash face cloth to exfoliate your nose - just use your finger in the cloth and rub round and round til it glows lol - that way you can avoid hitting your piercing.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”