Eyelash extensions

Miss_Panda

Eyelash extensions

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Has anyone here had them before, and how long do they usually last? Do they damage your real eyelashes? and how are they removed? I'm fed up of my short lashes even with mascara on i can't really notice them unless you get close to see them..They don't seem to lengthen not matter what brand of mascara i use. I no you can use false eyelashes but i can never get them to stick that well.
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Lorny

Re: Eyelash extensions

Post by Lorny » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 pm

They don't really do damage to your lashes as such cuz they just fall out naturally with your lash. They're a bit of a pain cuz unless you can afford to get them touched up every week, you end up with tufty eyelashes!

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:02 pm

A friend had this done and liked it initially but they tend to shed as time goes on and it's a pain in the ass. Your lashes can also apparently be too short and straight to have it done, as another friend found out when she asked lol
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 pm

oh ok don't think i want it done now >.< hmm will have to think of something else :)

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:15 am

keep on practicing with the falsie sticking! I can wear falsies for 2 days sometimes without needing to touch up the gluing on them so it has to be possible!

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Can you suggest some that are good to use? to start of with :)

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 pm

If you get sick of buying and sticking lashes on all the time.. you can make your lashes much longer.
I don't know if you have heard about Latisse? It makes your eyelashes grow super long over a period of a couple of months. It's a liquid you put on your lash line that was found when a lady reported super eyelash growth with the use of a glaucoma eye treatment. Companies are selling the little bottle of liquid for $100+ but you can buy the generic (exactly the same formula without the label) for $11

This is the best place/price to buy it after all the reviews and info I have read online.

http://www.alldaychemist.com/1254-careprost.html

I have done a bit of research on it but not yet spent the time to buy it. My lashes are so short, blond and grow downwards. I use a heated eyelash curler which is good for now. If you don't have or want to buy a heated eyelash curler you can hold your eyelash curler in front of a hairdryer for a couple of seconds.. sounds bit hillbilly but it works!

Letty

Post by Letty » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 am

Nanou2 wrote:If you get sick of buying and sticking lashes on all the time.. you can make your lashes much longer.
I don't know if you have heard about Latisse? It makes your eyelashes grow super long over a period of a couple of months. It's a liquid you put on your lash line that was found when a lady reported super eyelash growth with the use of a glaucoma eye treatment. Companies are selling the little bottle of liquid for $100+ but you can buy the generic (exactly the same formula without the label) for $11

This is the best place/price to buy it after all the reviews and info I have read online.

http://www.alldaychemist.com/1254-careprost.html

I have done a bit of research on it but not yet spent the time to buy it. My lashes are so short, blond and grow downwards. I use a heated eyelash curler which is good for now. If you don't have or want to buy a heated eyelash curler you can hold your eyelash curler in front of a hairdryer for a couple of seconds.. sounds bit hillbilly but it works!

I'd watch out though, my friend has done a review of the formula, and it can cause things like permanent discolouration around the iris.
http://www.laurenlovesblog.com/2010/05/ ... t-and.html
When death sleeps, it dreams of you.

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Yes it can. I have read a lot of reviews and from what I have found it isn't very common. I didn't come across anyone with any discolouration.. everyone complained about the dry itchy eyes though. But just because the discolouration isn't common doesn't mean it wont happen to you!

I would sacrifice a bit of colour for some inch long lashes any day!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”