Does Mac dry your skin out?

Miss_Panda

Does Mac dry your skin out?

Post by Miss_Panda » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Does Mac dry your skin out? because my skin just seems dry..but it's the only make-up i find that has my skin shade, and i hate mineral make-up it just doesn't work for me. I use pure Shea butter on my skin and a primer to help keep it put. But when i look at my face it just doesn't look natural just kind of powdery looking. I don't no if the weather has anything to do with it or not, I'm just so fed up of having icky looking make-up on my skin :(
I don't apply loads on my face either so not really sure whats going on...I went from oily skin to super dry skin now 0_0
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

ScarletLady

Re: Does Mac dry your skin out?

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Try another moisturiser as sometimes over moisturising your skin can actually make it dry and flaky. Also, can you use a daily exfoliator?

I used to have loads of dry skin round my nose and it made foundation look awful but after using daily exfoliators (Lush Ocean Salt, although I know that it's very harsh for some people) and the blueberry Lush mask a couple of times a week, it really helped
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 pm

yea that's were i get my dry skin around my nose and eye area, i was using clean and clear oil free moisturizer. But think i need to look into something else possibly. I haven't been to Lush in such a long time may go in and speak to one of the girls in there and see what they suggest.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:32 pm

I used to have eczema when i was little but that was on my arms. I do need a exfoliating face wash defiantly, i was using clean and clear as it was oil free as i do tend to get break outs if i don't use oil free products. However it did had quite a strong smell to it and made my face tingle but on the back it said it was meant to do that :lol: They do have one for sensitive skin but it didn't mention anything about it being oil free so i put it back down. I don't like using perfume products as they seem to irritate my skin :(

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”