Primark Makeup

Noodles!

Primark Makeup

Post by Noodles! » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:25 pm

I was browsing through with the shop with my friend earlier, and saw they have heaps of alright looking makeup; they are clearly marketing it as similar to Benefit and Urban Decay. Sadly enough, I was tempted to guy it because of the pretty packaging and price tag, but didn't want to but it to find it was awful.

Has anyone used any of their eyeliner/ glitter eyeshadow or gel eyeliner? Any good? Or just a waste of money?
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Vex88

Re: Primark Makeup

Post by Vex88 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:36 pm

havent tried it personally. theres a few reviews on google though... obv not the same as first hand exp I know

Here's one anyways http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/chatroom/topic/47045
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:14 pm

I have one of the glitter eyeliners and its ok. The brush is a bit naff, but the product itself is nice. Still useable! I did buy it quite a while ago though, so they could have changed it.

jennytree

Post by jennytree » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:25 am

I have a good few things from them. The gel eyeliners aren't very opaque and the black one is more of a navy colour. I found the eyeshadows to be quite good value though!
I can't get a bloody avatar to fit!

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:03 am

I have the bronzers. The colours are really nice for the price, a bit tricky to blend if you go wrong though.

PirateQueen

Post by PirateQueen » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:01 pm

I've tried the eyeshadows, which were great. I've also used the pencil eyeliners which were a bit hit and miss, as some of them were a bit ....... hard. They do have great eyebrow tweezers, too.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Madii wrote:Uniformly awful. Does anyone really think that makeup from Primark is going to be any cop whatsoever? Save your money, spend it on better quality.
Aye, let's face it. It can't be any better than their clothes can it?

(forgive my bluntness, but I detest Primark)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Whilst I appreciate that a lot of Primarks clothing are low quality, it doesn't neccesarily mean that all of their products are. For example, I have a pair of boots almost identical to some found in All Saints, which I bought almost two years ago, which have held up fine through excessive wear. And as girls on here have said, some of their make up is fine to use.

I have also found other cheap brands of makeup which work absolutely fine and sometimes better than more expensive brands, so I hardly think it fair to dismiss a brand of makeup based on its price.
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:33 pm

I would personally dismiss it based on the fact it's from Primark. I dread to think what's in it and where they buy ingredients from. They haven't exactly got the best ethical background (I do admit I'm forcing myself to think about who I buy from properly these days). I'm still mourning B. :( Plus- I have mega sensitive skin. I can almost guarantee turning a beautiful red colour from their make-up. Not quite as sexy as the tango-ed look but almost ;)
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

PirateQueen

Post by PirateQueen » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Noodles! wrote:Whilst I appreciate that a lot of Primarks clothing are low quality, it doesn't neccesarily mean that all of their products are. For example, I have a pair of boots almost identical to some found in All Saints, which I bought almost two years ago, which have held up fine through excessive wear. And as girls on here have said, some of their make up is fine to use.

I have also found other cheap brands of makeup which work absolutely fine and sometimes better than more expensive brands, so I hardly think it fair to dismiss a brand of makeup based on its price.
I agree with this statement completely. I don't buy into the hype of "premium" brands - upon checking ingredients they often contain virtually the same stuff as all the other brands. Granted, I don't have particularly sensitive skin, but I've never had any problems with cheaper brands.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”