Black Eyeshadow..?

Skettihoop

Black Eyeshadow..?

Post by Skettihoop » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey; I've Been Searching On Here For AGES & Haven't Come Across It (So Sorry If It's Here Somewhere) & Was Wondering If Anyone Knows Where I Can Get A Really Deep Black Eyeshadow? Preferably Quite Cheap. One That Doesn't Smudge Unless I Want It To.

I've Been Using Sleek From Superdrug & It's An Amazing Colour But Gets Everywhere, & Even The Powder Foundation Thingy Under The Eye Doesn't Work, It Just Smudges All Over My Face :(
And does Jesus like my hair?
I don't think he f*cking cares!
Nor do I, Nor do I..

kyandii

Re: Black Eyeshadow..?

Post by kyandii » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:56 pm

B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful - Beelzebub £8.5
Stargazer - Black £3
MAC - Carbon £11
0Image

The colours shown on my hand were applied with a drop of water and no primer.

The Stargazer was at first glance the most pigmented, However it came off almost immediately when rubbed.
MAC & B Never both stayed put very well even with no primer, MAC staying on longer.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:00 pm

I use Boots 17 in Darkness, with UDPP and pressed powder over the top. It does. not. budge. To be honest, I don't even see the point in paying more for MAC or whatever, this costs £3.49 and is better than basically everything else I've ever used.

Skettihoop

Post by Skettihoop » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Maybe I'm Just Cheap But I Hate Spending Lots On Eyeshadows, Although I Could Spend Upto £20 On Mascara :oops:
But I Think I Could Try Stargazer With Primer.. Ohh & Boots 17 Will Be My First Try As I'm Too Impatiemt To Wait xD

And does Jesus like my hair?
I don't think he f*cking cares!
Nor do I, Nor do I..

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:45 pm

I found the stargazer one atrocious personally.

I use a boujois one now that is quite good. Might give that number 17 one a try too :)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:45 pm

I have the stargazer one, have done for YEARS.....apply it wet & it won't budge at all. I know some people don't like it...but it's awesome IMO

Scarletlady ent me some MAC pigment - which I'm dying to try out.......will be my shadow of choice for Whitby :D

Piccy from a previous Whitby....both shadows are stargazer:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:39 pm

For those using the MAC Carbon, can you give me some tips? I have been using it with vaseline as a primer. EVERY other brand of eyeshadow I have ever used works beautifully this way, but the MAC will NOT stay put. It creases and fades almost immediately. I hardly even use it because of this.

I thought about buying a proper primer, but since my method works so well with EVERY other shadow I don't know that it would even make a difference. The Carbon works ok for a slightly smokey look, but when I want super dark dramatic eyes or that SOLID black goth look it always lets me down. In fact, it is so bad it put me off MAC in general, thinking it isn't worth the price. I have some Lime Crime, Stargazer, and various other shadows and they ALL work better than the Carbon.

help?

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:45 pm

I swear by using black shadow wet.

Hmmmn, I'm gonna have to try my Carbon then before I go out all "gotthed up" at the end of the month. :?
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:59 pm

this is Boots 17 Darkness, applied dry, after a four hour shift at work and an hour of shopping afterwards. It's over UDPP, and I always set with pressed powder before applying another layer on top to boost the colour up again. As you can see, it is BLACK.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:06 pm

I have a real mole a little higher up than where you have your back dot Amy....I dunno why I am mentioning this, but there ya go :P

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:11 pm

I have a real mole there as well :D I always manage to smear that everywhere, but my eye make up stays put.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:13 pm

I used to use it as my first dot under my eyes a few years ago :D

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

cherrygloom

Post by cherrygloom » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:05 pm

NARS Night Breed is gorgeous, pitch black with little silver sparkles in it. Stays on beautifully too!

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:36 pm

i have a couple of eyeshaddows ipukeglamour made and they are amazing. they stay with primer. and are great both dry and wet.

edit.
checked her site and cant find her make up... hmm.. but if you have vampirefreaks i believe she sells it in buy_sell_trade.

jennytree

Post by jennytree » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:41 am

The black Sleek eyeshadow that comes in the palette is pretty nifty. I use NYX' black eyeshadow, but I'm not sure where you can get it in the UK (I know you can get it in those outlet stores up in NI, I'm assuming they're around the rest of the place too!)

To stop the fallout of the eyeshadow though, use a primer, tap off the excess from the brush and dab the eyeshadow on instead of swiping it on.
I can't get a bloody avatar to fit!

malevolentglitter

Post by malevolentglitter » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Why not use an NYX jumbo pencil as a base (in black) and pat some smashbox black eyeshadow (or any other black) over it for a matte look

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:59 pm

I have an ELF eyeshadow primer that was like £1.50 that keeps eyeshadow stuck very well, but I also find that using body lotion or a wet brush works just as well.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”