Dry flaky eyes

Miss_Panda

Dry flaky eyes

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:21 pm

What can i use to stop my eyes being dry and flaky around my eyes? When i apply my MAC concealer it looks awful and goes all flaky and you can tell i have it on..I've tried a primer 'too faced' brand and that doesn't seem to help :(
Any suggestion that i can try (im in the UK) I'm fed up of my make-up doing this..how do you achieve that flawless look? I use a face primer and MAC foundation the mineralize foundation SPF 15 compact and use a foundation brush to apply it. Also If i wanted a higher coverage what MAC product would you suggest?
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

miss_mortisha

Re: Dry flaky eyes

Post by miss_mortisha » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:54 pm

Where ias the flakiness huni? On the eye lids or underneath?? is it sore as well as flakey???

I had really bad flakey sore skin on the eye lids and in my eyes (hurts :( ) so i popped along to the docs and got some thick moisturiser stuff - or vaseline works apparently, to try clear it up and as hard as it might be, leave off the make up until it feels better xx
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Is it your skin or the make up?

Because if it's the make up, it's usually because you've put way too much on.

starlight

Post by starlight » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Are you exfoliating and moisturising first? I think you need to sort your skin out before using makeup, applying it over flaky skin doesn't work and will probably only make it worse.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:16 pm

I have been using an eye cream, and i always use a oil free moisturizer on my skin before any application of make-up. I haven't been exfoliating as it seemed to make my skin tight, red and sore and i didn't apply lot's of pressure either :/

It seems to be above my actual eyes and around the inner corner of the eye some times outer corner. I've experienced this with all make-up I've used, and it seems to be flaky when I haven't been using make-up either. I was going to try some Vaseline but i weren't sure if it would make my eyes greasy? oh lastly i have to use oil free products otherwise i brake out in little spots :(

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:59 pm

I use pure shea butter on my eyes at bedtime and they're ridiculous soft. Helps with little lines too. I have very dry eyes/eyelids as well and used to get flakeys and really bad eyelash breakage but not anymore. There's a lady on etsy that sells huge tubs of it really cheap.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:46 pm

I suffer with flaky skin around my eyes. I was referred to a dermatologist and diagnosed with eczema. I was prescribed HC45 which you can actually buy over the counter at a pharmacy but it says in the instructions that it's not for use on the face :/ it did an amazing job of clearing it up but I wasn't thrilled about using it in such a delicate area. However I've started using Ultrabalm from Lush and it does an amazing job. Haven't used the steroid cream in a couple of months and my skin is fine. It's main ingredient is jojoba oil which it only takes a bit of Googling to figure out how ace it is.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:36 pm

just ordered some shea butter to see if that helps :)

jounderw

Post by jounderw » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Shea Butter should do the trick but I think that maybe its the makeup that you are using that is bothering you. I had a VERY similar situation when I switched my mascara recently and as soon as I stopped using it, it went away. Maybe its a little allergic reaction of some sort.

Ambar

Post by Ambar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:46 am

Check to see if it contains Lanolin, Linalool or anything similar....i have an allergy to it and the same happens to me.
I need crazy friends so i feel normal for once! ;)

Really quite likes mini Cheddars :D

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:04 am

It's good to treat internally with oils like omega 3, 6 and 9.

Don't exfoliate the eye area.

Possibly it is your eye cream giving you this type of reaction. And of course, check with a doctor. But those oils are good for the eyes and skin.

Daisydreads

Post by Daisydreads » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:22 pm

I always use pure vaseline. :i2:

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”