Let's sort my skin tone out.

Bomber

Let's sort my skin tone out.

Post by Bomber » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:59 pm

In a nutshell, my skin tone is a nightmare. I'm naturally pale anyway, but I have absolutely no idea what my skin tone actually is. I go red when I sweat and get hot and tend to burn, but I tend to look more ill than pale and interesting. I also have quite bad keratosis on my upper arms, which is very red and raised.

I want that gorgeous ivory skin that Dita and various other people have, or at least, pale skin that doesn't make me look pasty. I've read up a bit about achieving it, various potions and things you can do. Does anyone have any experience with homemade lightening creams?

Also, can anyone recommend any make up that's designed to even out skin tone and that make you look paler without looking like you're wearing facepaint? I've seen a couple online like blue toned foundation that's designed to counteract yellow tones, does anyone have any recommendations? I know Illamasqua have a white foundation that's designed for theatrical use, has anyone used Illasmasqua foundations?

Kajablomst.

Re: Let's sort my skin tone out.

Post by Kajablomst. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 am

The Illamasqua white foundation is quite good. It's not really heavy, And you can use it on a daily basis. :) I use it alot mixed with other foundations to make them match my skintone. If i just use the white one i look dead. Not a great look. I would mix it with your normal foundation.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:39 pm

You know, I think there's nothing better than an expensive foundation. I think you may have seen how pale my skin is, but it is also very blotchy and has a tendency to look quite red in places. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear in IC1 Shell, and I swear by the stuff now. I've had MAC, which is just as good but unfortunately I have a shade which looks a bit dark on me, I think I may have had to try the other type of lightest shade.

Anyway, it doesn't need a lot, about a pea size for your whole face and it covers so fantastically well! I seriously wouldn't get anything else, and mine has last about 7 months of continual use so far.

I'd probably steer clear of lotions and potions, since you don't know how it's going to effect your skin in the long run, e.g. lemon is good for lightening skin but it also dries the hell out of the skin, so it would probably make dry skin crack, and oily skin would probably over compensate.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:22 pm

The foundation I use at the moment is good coverage and sorts out the red tones on my face pretty well, it's just too.. well, too normal a colour :lol:

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:49 pm

I have red tones andI use Clinique colour correcter. Comes in a tube and its green but when you put i ton you cant see it much and not at all when you put your foundation over the top but it defniately keeps away the red-ness. xx

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”