Lash Tinting

snapaxle

Lash Tinting

Post by snapaxle » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:03 am

I'm interested in getting my lashes tinted, because I think it would be easier than mascara (not having to waste time on it every day) and probably better for my eyeballs. =P But aside from what's offered in salons etc, the only kind I can find is one that you apply daily and wash off at the end of the day. There are dye at home kits for hair, so surely there's one for eyelashes, too..?

Has anyone heard of one or tried one?

Lorny

Re: Lash Tinting

Post by Lorny » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 pm

There is a 30 day lash and brow tint. I can't remember the name of the brand but they do it in Boots.
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

xdnyhair

Post by xdnyhair » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:01 am

I've gotten my lashes tinted before. I have brown hair and brown lashes, but I'd thought it would help me out... It wasn't really worth it. The difference wasn't even noticeable.

I'd only suggest lash tinting for someone with blonde or ginger eyelashes that don't show up without mascara.

Please don't dye your lashes at home! It's dangerous and probably not much cheaper than a salon.

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:13 am

Lorny wrote:There is a 30 day lash and brow tint. I can't remember the name of the brand but they do it in Boots.
I use this stuff on my eyebrows - it's for eyelashes too but I don't have the ability to do that on my own - I'd need someone else to help me, or else I'd poke my eye out :oops:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dylash-BLACK-Tint ... 286.c0.m14
I think it's also available in the likes of Boots.

I generally go to the salon to have my eyelashes done as it's only around £4 and I have a discount loyalty card too 8-) I prefer doing it that way, it's relaxing for 10 mins, rather than worrying about poking your eyes out :lol:

snapaxle

Post by snapaxle » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:06 am

Only 4 for you to get it done at a salon? =O When I was looking around the cheapest was around $30!

And I am blonde (as you can see in my pic! =] ) and I actually have fairly long lashes... unfortunately, as they fade to almost invisible near the end, unless I coat them with mascara you can't see them =[

Tainted

Post by Tainted » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:13 pm

snapaxle wrote:Only 4 for you to get it done at a salon? =O When I was looking around the cheapest was around $30!

And I am blonde (as you can see in my pic! =] ) and I actually have fairly long lashes... unfortunately, as they fade to almost invisible near the end, unless I coat them with mascara you can't see them =[
$30 :shock: for a semi perm tint that lasts around a month??? :shock:

Yup, it's around £4/5 for mine :|

Neon Black

Post by Neon Black » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:08 pm

I really wouldn't recommend doing it at home, especially on your own!
The tint is the same as hair dye but for your lashes, it's made with a weaker volume peroxide so is best left to professionals (you don't want to blind yourself!). Plus, how you could do it on your own I don't know as you need your eyes shut to do it! I wish I could do my own.

It's about £5 to get it done at a salon (or is in the UK) and should only take about 10 mins to do.

It's worth doing though, it's suprising the difference it makes.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”