Eyeshadow under my eyes

blackmetal_mosher

Eyeshadow under my eyes

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:57 pm

I don't know if any of you know the reason for this, but every time I try and put eyeshadow under my eyes to add to my look, it end up looking like my makeup has run, or been punched in the eye. Is there a specific technique, or is it just a look I won't be able to pull off?

Also my make up also just comes off after about an hour due to my skin type. Is there anything I can use to make it last?
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

ScarletLady

Re: Eyeshadow under my eyes

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Primer will keep your make-up in place, I use Urban Decay and it's awesome - to stop eyeshadow from collecting under your eyes, put translucent powder on before you do your eye make-up, then any bits that have fallen down ther can just be brushed off ;)
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks for that! Is it Urban Decay's face primer? I use their eye-shadow primer to keep my eyebrows in place. I have a primer by Mac but it makes my skin worse! It's supposed to mattifying but it makes my skin really greasy. I also used Revlon but to no avail either =( I'm up in Notts on Friday so I will have a look at Urban Decay in Boots so long as they still have it there!
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 pm

i always use UD primer potion for my eyes, and to put a bit of eyeshadow under my eye i use an angle brush and just line under my lash line... i'll see if i can find a picture or maybe take one tonight for you :)

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm

You could just be putting on too much eyeshadow. Maybe you should do what xalternmommyx suggested and use a thin angled brush to apply it, so it isn't so thick.

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:23 pm

I will try that. I'm practising now. Pictures would be brilliant too! I wish I was artistic :oops:

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:22 am

Yiu should try with powder, just aply ALOT, anf then just wipe it off when you're done with your makeup. No blackeyes... I sometimes wipe the shadow under the eyes off with makeupremover and apply concealer when my eyemakeup is done...

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:58 am

I set my eyeshadow with pressed powder after applying, then top it up to brighten the colour again. It doesn't budge at all :D

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:50 pm

I think you should post a pic of what you do. It's easier to judge when we can have a look at it.

Some of us are talking about preventing shadow from the top lid falling and some are talking about application under the eye. I think that needs clearing up!

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:21 am

I think I know exactly what you're talking about, because I get that too! Use a small amount of powder on an angle brush. If you use too much, it'll fall and make it look like it has run. An angle brush will help make a more precise line. It takes a lot of practice!
More human than human

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 am

Lorny wrote:I think you should post a pic of what you do. It's easier to judge when we can have a look at it.

Some of us are talking about preventing shadow from the top lid falling and some are talking about application under the eye. I think that needs clearing up!

Yeah I was talking about application under the eye. What I meant was when I apply it under the eye, it looks like it has run because I can't seem to get the application right. It just doesn't' look right.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:44 pm

*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Yes! That's exactly what I mean! I just can't do it =( More practice I guess...

zomgwtfcupcakes

Post by zomgwtfcupcakes » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:21 am

The easiest way to do that black fading into another colour is to get a flat but fluffy brush and use the colour (for example blue, like in the photo) by rubbing the thinnest part of the brush along your lashes (like you would use an angled brush) then putting black liner in the waterline and putting black shadow over that (using a small brush and being VERY careful not to poke yourself in the eye).

Once you've used mascara it will look nicely blended :)

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”