dry and flaky Skin

Miss_Panda

dry and flaky Skin

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Recently my skin has gone dry and flaky, which i have only noticed since I've been wearing my make-up again. I did start using a Garnier facial scrub yet decided to stop after experiencing the dry skin. It seems that I have dry flaky skin at the tops of my eyes (near my eyebrows) yet i never did once use the facial wash near or on my eye, so I'm not sure why I've recently just got this :(

The products I'm using are -
Mac studio finish concealer
L'oreal foundation
Bontanics organic moisturizer

Should i change any of these, if so what would you recommend? and a new facial wash or something please..I have sensitive skin, prone to spots, clogged pores and is currently dry/flaky which makes my make-up look flaky and messy causing it not to go on smoothly. Lastly something to make the dryness around my eyes go away.
If I've missed anything out let me no if you require it to help me.

Also is Urban Decay the best primer to use to keep eyeshadow put all day?
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Kajablomst.

Re: Skin

Post by Kajablomst. » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:54 am

You should change everything you have that is garnier, garnier is ruining your skin unless you have perfect skin. Loreal foundation always clogs your pores. You should probably change your moisturizer too..
These are safe skincare for problem skin like acne, dry skin and clogged pores: Decléor, MD Formulations, MD Forte, Jan Marini, Dermalogica, Matis, Priori, Babor, Guinot, John Masters Organics, Badger, Obagi, Thalgo, Cellex-C, Darphin, Bioline, Jo Wood Organic, Bella Lucce, Ole Henriksen, MD Skincare, KEB, Weleda, Exuviance, Caudalie..
Really good skincare is expensive..
About your foundation, you should look for the word non-comedogenic, or just use mineralmakeup, that's safe. (unless it is Loreal or isadora)

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:06 am

Not heard of any of them brands before or seen them in Boots (thats the place i go for most things) :shock:
I've stopped using the foundation on my face now..and just using my Mac concealer for now..I no MAC do a mineral based liquid foundation, but not sure if it would be any good? Will do a little google search and see if i can find any of them brand names you mentioned any who. As when i use powder minerals it looks powdery or doesn't give enough coverage :/

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:32 pm

ok just looked online boots and it is expensive :o surely there's cheaper brands that work just as good though?

Stilldawn

Post by Stilldawn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:32 pm

I mentioned this elsewhere.
Try using a facial scrub of pure lemon juice and sugar. Rinse your face with warm water, then use a circle pad or facial scrubber with the mixture on it and scrub your face until its nice and rosy. This will kill bacteria via the citric acid in the lemon juice, it will clean and soften skin due to the crystals of the sugar, it will lighten freckles, age spots, acne scars, etc.. due to the lemon juice. It also makes your skin very moist and dewy feelings, I couldnt tell you which part does this but its amazing.
Follow this up with a toner if you need (for bad pores) made of witch hazel and crushed non coated generic aspirin. Throw on a light moisturizer. I myself use the moisturizer by clean and clear for acne control, I really like it, its light weight and works well.

Always remember anything that says it is natural or organic, they only last short periods of time before they start to build up bacteria in them, any sort of "natural" ingredient will rot. This is made worse if left open, if you use your fingers with it or anything not sterile. Again another reason to use the above home remedies as they are still natural but can be made up in smaller amounts for personal use and are super cheap.

Let me know if you try these and how it works for you!

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Thank you ^^
I think i have some lemon juice so I will try this and see what works, never used a toner before so will have a look for one of them too. x

Stilldawn

Re: dry and flaky Skin

Post by Stilldawn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:39 pm

awesome! let me know what you think, I really liked the facial scrub as I get flaky bits quite often.

charlotte_the_harlot

Post by charlotte_the_harlot » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:27 am

Definitely want to try Stilldawn's scrub. I could use some mega-exfolitation
In British Columbia, it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch.

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:40 am

i use babywipies for taking my make up off other than that i dont really "wash" my face bc mine drys out very badly....plus Garnier products make me dry and itchy mostly their shampoos and such but they have that effect on alot of people.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:26 pm

I haven't tried the lemon scrub yet as last time i used lemon lush stuff it made it very dry :( so was concerned about trying it out lol.
I have just been using water as of now and make-up remover and it does seem to be clearing all spots up woo ^^
Yet i have them lil red blemish uneven skin tone but I have also swapped to mineral make-up not tried it yet so hope it works with my skin all right.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Miss_Panda wrote:I haven't tried the lemon scrub yet as last time i used lemon lush stuff it made it very dry :( so was concerned about trying it out lol.
I have just been using water as of now and make-up remover and it does seem to be clearing all spots up woo ^^
Yet i have them lil red blemish uneven skin tone but I have also swapped to mineral make-up not tried it yet so hope it works with my skin all right.
Yes, lemon will really make the condition worse! Didn't someone mention olive oil? Anyway, try the sugar with olive oil!

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:30 pm

i have eczema on my face, the best thing to do is to get a 40+ night cream :)

^_^
i have one from avon and its really good :)

Stilldawn

Post by Stilldawn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:53 am

Yes sugar and olive oil with keep it moist but I am so sensitive to oils it would break me out. Note that real lemon juice and lemon crap they put in products are a huge difference.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”