2 questions please help...

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

2 questions please help...

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:13 am

First question
I know this probly sounds silly to some people & its probly just me being a complete noob but i remember on the other board in a thread the topic of sanitising eye shadows came up & it was said that you do it with alcohol (is that right i cant remember what was said now it was a long time ago hehe) if that is how you santise them do you use just pure alcohol or do you mix one part water in with it or what? If someone could tell me that would be great because i think i might have to do it to all my eye shadows as iv had an eye infection & just to make sure i dont want it coming back!

Second question
When you clean your make-up brushes i know some people have some cream or something to clean the brushes for inbetween jobs they give them a deep clean with shampoo etc but where can i get this cream or whatever it is id like to be able to get the worste of the colours of so when i use them again i dont get a mix that i dont want!

Thanks guys xx

CherryLex

Re: 2 questions please help...

Post by CherryLex » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Ok..
#1 - I sanitize for swaps on MUA with alcohol. I just dampen a cotton ball or tissue with the alcohol, swipe it over the top of the eyeshadow & let it sit open to dry out fully. If you mix water it will change the composition of the shadow, the alcohol evaporates fully pretty fast & serves to sanitize nicely.

For cleaning brushes I use MAC brush cleaner once a week or so and then deep clean with baby shampoo every other week.
I use a glass and fill it a little ways with brush cleaner, swirl the brushes around then rinse off well. Reshape the brush and then either lay flat or hang upside down to dry.
With baby shampoo you just dilute it in a little water & do the same as above.
HTH :D
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Thank you! :D :D :D

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:34 pm

another queestion that way would work fine for pressed powder shadow but what about loose powderd eyeshadows its just i have alot of loose powderd shadows

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Honestly I don't think there's a way to sanitize loose powders. Once you've dipped your brush into them after swiping on your face their pretty much contaminated with yer germs, lol.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:43 pm

lol fair enuff

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”