Gariner face wash

Miss_Panda

Gariner face wash

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 pm

I have recently been using Gariner pure face wash, and since I've been using it i seem to have a break out of little spots, does anyone no if this is what these kind of face washes do, then the spots etc go away over a period of time? It does have little exfoliating particles that's meant to unclog the pores from dirt etc, yet i haven't really seen any difference as my pores seem like the dirt is still in them :(

How long should you use a exfoliating face wash until you see a difference in your skin? been using it for around a month now, or is the face wash I've chosen not going to work and i should opt for a different brand. I would say my skin is combination / some times dry in areas (i think this has something to do with the weather. I eat a healthy balanced diet too and plenty of water so it's nothing to do with my diet i don't think.

I was looking at face washes that have larger scrub particles, but didn't want to damage my skin and make my pores bigger, as if you look at my face closely, when I'm not wearing make-up you can see the clogged pores on my cheeks (Yuk!) I don't even wear make-up everyday, and always wash it off before bed use a proper make-up remover too.

Any tips you can give me?
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

tazzyface

Re: Gariner face wash

Post by tazzyface » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:40 am

Are you talking about Garnier? My skin could never get along with that brand. Try using St Ive's Apricot Scrub (the invigorating one) once or twice a week, depending on how harsh you find it. I use that, Fresh Farmacy by Lush every other time I wash my face and then Vanishing Cream every night, which does amazing things.
More human than human

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:27 pm

tazzyface wrote:Are you talking about Garnier? My skin could never get along with that brand. Try using St Ive's Apricot Scrub (the invigorating one) once or twice a week, depending on how harsh you find it. I use that, Fresh Farmacy by Lush every other time I wash my face and then Vanishing Cream every night, which does amazing things.
Yea i mean that sorry for miss spelling it :oops:
Will have to look into that, depending on how much it costs >.<

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Try Alba pineapple enzyme scrub. It's scrubby things are really gentle so you can use it every day without irritation - and I have VERY sensitive skin to the point where if I just rub delicate places like my chest or face with my fingers I get bright red. I use either Avalon Organics Vitamin C face wash or Dr. Bronner's magic soap (usually the hemp kind) with that scrub and my skin glows despite me having hugely problem skin.

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:56 pm

Miss_Panda wrote:
tazzyface wrote:Are you talking about Garnier? My skin could never get along with that brand. Try using St Ive's Apricot Scrub (the invigorating one) once or twice a week, depending on how harsh you find it. I use that, Fresh Farmacy by Lush every other time I wash my face and then Vanishing Cream every night, which does amazing things.
That's okay, I just had to ask because so many skin care brands sound the same! :lol:
The apricot scrub is around the same price as Garnier products, at least here it is. It sells in the US for like $3 lol.
More human than human

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 pm

starlotus wrote:Try Alba pineapple enzyme scrub. It's scrubby things are really gentle so you can use it every day without irritation - and I have VERY sensitive skin to the point where if I just rub delicate places like my chest or face with my fingers I get bright red. I use either Avalon Organics Vitamin C face wash or Dr. Bronner's magic soap (usually the hemp kind) with that scrub and my skin glows despite me having hugely problem skin.
thanks for that ^^ not heard of that before lol
tazzyface wrote:
Miss_Panda wrote:
That's okay, I just had to ask because so many skin care brands sound the same! :lol:
The apricot scrub is around the same price as Garnier products, at least here it is. It sells in the US for like $3 lol.
oo thats good then, will pop into boots and have a look.

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Im pretty sure when I was using that it made my skin really dry and flaky

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Mkatsi wrote:Im pretty sure when I was using that it made my skin really dry and flaky
oh crumbs :( i haven't had dry flaky skin, but it does seem to made me have a break out of spots 0_0

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:02 pm

I've tried so many Garnier products and have had terrible results with all of them. Their shampoo/conditioner make my hair feel all nasty and the other hair products have always done nothing to what they claim. I've used the face wash because my sister no longer wanted it and it made my skin super oily and break out half the time. The other half of the time I had a bunch of little bumps all over my face and it constantly itched. Blegh! What a horrible brand.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”