Waterproof makeup

[Phexxie]

Waterproof makeup

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:24 pm

im in need of waterproof makeup for an upcoming photoshoot, which will take place underwater in a pool, so when i say waterproof it needs to be indestructable :lol:

ive had a look on here and im thinking of trying out some of the ELF range, and i did have a look online but most of the stuff that came up either had few reviews or was way out of my price range

really i need something that isnt going to budge, or will at least hold well for a few hours, i can always re-apply a little if i need to after a while

ill be needing the following:

eyeliner - both pencil and liquid (or something similar)
mascara - probably the easiest to find, i know
eyeshadows in various colours, preferably easy to blend and vibrant!
foundation - might not need this as much as the other products, but as a precaution id like to find some anyway

it needs to be fairly affordable too, the shoot wont be taking place for a little while yet so i have time to save a bit up if i need to

what would you recommend, if anything? bearing in mind im going to be fully submerged in water!
i have absolutely no experience of waterproof makeup so im totally lost :p

ScarletLady

Re: Waterproof makeup

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Maybelline's Define-a-lash waterproof is un-movable...it's a right bugger to get off so I'm sure it would be sticky enough for you. Great mascara as well :)
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

starlight

Post by starlight » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:37 pm

I find Urban Decay 24/7 pencil eyeliners hold up really well, though I've never tried them under water. You get a good colour payout from them too.

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:13 pm

those links are fab Madii, thank you :)

i think ive got a good idea of what to go for now girls, just got to save the pennies! thanks everyone :D

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:58 pm

mac does some good eyeliners, fluidline, liquid last and technakohl, powerpoint pencil, the website says they're long lasting smudge proof but the liquid last and the powerpoint are definately waterproof.
They also have the face and body foundation which they is water resistant but i'm not sure how long it would last underwater completely.
As for eyeshadows all i could suggest would be the paint pots, paint tubes and the shadesticks, but sadly the website doesn't say that they are waterproof.
I'd possibly email mac and see what they'd advise as well.....
blah blah blah

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Estee Lauder does waterproof foundation. Maximum cover it's called.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:38 pm

haven't worn them under water but my fyrinnae shadows have survived numerous blasts from loc-lines (high pressure water output for aquariums) at work. so long as i don't rub my eye and just let it dry they don't budge at all.

maybelline's xxl pro waterproof mascara doesn't budge, but it looks awful.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:11 pm

http://www.kryolan.com/en/index.php?cid ... 3&pageid=1

This is Kryolan's waterproof makeup. You know how Kryolans Aqua colors activate when you put water to them? Well these colors activate when you put alcohol to them. They should be extremely waterproof. The plus side is they're super versatile palettes; get your foundation, eyeliner, and shadow colors all at once. I'd skip mascara altogether and just glue on fake lashes, personally.

This is serious stuff. :)

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”