NYX Review? - Now With Review!

BloodHoney

NYX Review? - Now With Review!

Post by BloodHoney » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:54 am

I am itching to pick up some new makeup. I recently came across NYX's website and love all the colors they offer. The eyeshadows, lipsticks... and it's so cheap! But does the price reflect the quality?
Last edited by BloodHoney on Thu May 06, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website? Yup, I have one of those! www.bloodhoney.net

Lilinth

Re: NYX Review?

Post by Lilinth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 am

i use their lip spa balm/tint thingy and its amazing, and the colour is quite subtle so it looks like a lipstick, but feels like a balm and lasts for ages :i2:
/emmy x

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm

they use it on RuPaul's drag race and those queens look fantastic. haven't tried anything myself but i've only ever heard good things about this brand.

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Have only used their lip gloss, but the colors are fantastic and it seems to last.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

BloodHoney

Re: NYX Review? - Now With Review!

Post by BloodHoney » Thu May 06, 2010 11:00 pm

I found a cosmetic shop nearby that carries their line! I am stunned by the lip glosses and lip liner. I have a terrible habit of chewing on my lips when they get chapped, but the glosses were so moisturizing and comfortable that I didn't gnaw at all! And they lasted so long, I didn't have to reapply until half-way through the day.

The eyeshadows are pretty nice. They didn't go on as strongly as I had hoped, but I am used to the highly pigmented colors from Kryolan so I'm biased though. It's been all day and no sign of fading or creasing.

Unfortunately the shop didn't have everything that NYX makes, like the lipsticks and foundations, so I made an order with them and am patiently waiting for them to arrive.
Website? Yup, I have one of those! www.bloodhoney.net

Pallidity

Re: NYX Review? - Now With Review!

Post by Pallidity » Mon May 17, 2010 2:48 am

I've purchased their pigments and while they were okay, they weren't anything super fancy and were super shimmery, so I stopped using them after a while. I bought their eyeshadow base about a year ago and have used it a handful of times at most. Again, everything just winds up way too shimmery. I purchased a few of their eyeshadows and they were okay. I was happy with them considering the price, but the quality was about the same as what I've found in drug stores. I got the eye marker and pen eyeliner and really like them. I don't do a lot of flourish with my eyeliner but on the occasions that I do I've found them to be super handy. I have one of the round lip glosses and like it just fine though, again, it's totally heavy on the shimmer. I purchased a few jumbo eye pencils and their concealer and like them quite a bit. They get fairly regular use.

*thinks* I believe that's all though I'm not positive. I'll have to browse through my makeup drawers and see if I've got anything else.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”