Hot Topic brand make up?

Elstaro

Hot Topic brand make up?

Post by Elstaro » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:15 pm

has anyone tryed any of there stuff? the price seems good but is it utter crap? I checked the make up reviews but didnt see anything for Hot Topic.
I poo rainbows ^_^

AdrenaLynny

Re: Hot Topic brand make up?

Post by AdrenaLynny » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:00 pm

I have a palate of theirs and a duo, and one of their "bloody mary" brand singles. I love the bloody mary red shadow, its vibrant and is great as a base for other reds or by itself. The palate and duo...I like them, but dont use them terribly often. They are well pigmented but are a bit difficult to blend.
Cunning Stunt.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:33 am

i love their eyeliner pencils, so smooth and vibrant. i love their smudge pots too but they don't sell them any more, they make such a great eyeshadow base. the nail polish is rubbish though.

dreamNcolor

Post by dreamNcolor » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:43 pm

The eyeshadows are very vibrant and last all day, but I stopped using them as they don't blend well at all & they tended to stain my skin even after make-up remover.
I only dream in color.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:19 pm

dreamNcolor wrote:The eyeshadows are very vibrant and last all day, but I stopped using them as they don't blend well at all & they tended to stain my skin even after make-up remover.
every bright pink eyeshadow (no matter what the brand) that i own stains so bad even if it's over a base and primer and concealer!

i had a purple pressed shadow from HT, didn't stain but didn't blend well and broke after 3 days.

BioMekanisk

Post by BioMekanisk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:11 pm

The Hollywood make artist stuff isnt bad, like all the neon colour containers. The nail polish, I wouldnt use, but they're eye make up and white pressed powder isnt bad. I've used it.

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:56 pm

i swear by the pencil eye liner, the black ones work amazingly, although i dont reccomend the ones with glitter in them. they are kinda scratchy. but the solids are sooo smooth and bold. its the only kind i will use.

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm

their eyeliner pencils are crap. doesnt even last a few hours once applied.
*Manda*

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm

I've used the pressed powder compact. The compact is sooooo pretty with the bats and such, but the powder is CRAP. I'll definately stick with baby powder. I've also used their lipsticks, and those were worth the price. They stayed well, and the color selection is great.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 pm

CancerHybrid wrote:their eyeliner pencils are crap. doesnt even last a few hours once applied.
really? i find i can barely get them off at the end of the day. they use dyes in their makeup so even after i scrub it off it still looks like it's on.

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Spooki wrote:
CancerHybrid wrote:their eyeliner pencils are crap. doesnt even last a few hours once applied.
really? i find i can barely get them off at the end of the day. they use dyes in their makeup so even after i scrub it off it still looks like it's on.
sounds like it all depends on the uses and skin types? maybe?

BioMekanisk

Post by BioMekanisk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Their eyeliner works really well on me. I have to keep sharpening it because I apply it a bit heavier and use them for designs, but mine doesnt come off that easily. Two days after it just starts to fade. The pressed powders are awesome. a little dusty but I like the vibrance and the colours blend really well together

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:21 am

I have one of their smudge pot thingers and really dislike it. It was fine before I used anything else and works well when I want to do a neon orangey red look, but it stains my skin, doesn't go on evenly, etc etc. Not something I'd buy again.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:28 am

Pallidity wrote:I have one of their smudge pot thingers and really dislike it. It was fine before I used anything else and works well when I want to do a neon orangey red look, but it stains my skin, doesn't go on evenly, etc etc. Not something I'd buy again.
i feel like i am the only one who loves those things. they make good eyeshadow bases, especially the glittery ones. the glittery ones have a better consistency. that aside, i don't wear them alone as eyeshadow since they don't work well for that.

PaulaVamp

Post by PaulaVamp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Bloody Mary items are pretty good, I like them.
The eyeliner usually got all smudgy on me though - the sticks. ):

Nail polish is bleh. Good colors though, if only they lasted.

Pinkkiee*

Post by Pinkkiee* » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:19 am

i bought a creme eyeshadow from them a while back, and it didn't blend at all it was completely unwearable.

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:12 pm

PaulaVamp wrote:Bloody Mary items are pretty good
I will second this. Have had a red eyeshadow for ever and still have yet to run out of it. Not that I use it that much, but still. This thing has been with me since high school and still going strong.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”