locking powder?

absolutebrutal

locking powder?

Post by absolutebrutal » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:27 pm

Is locking powder any good? Anybody tried and tested this? If so, would you recommened or not?

I know to stay away from wax and stuff like that, but I haven't heard much feedback about Locking powder. Any help or experience is forever welcome! :mrgreen:
http://thebeadmarket.bigcartel.com/ - Beads, Craft Supplies, Incense and Oils, One of a kind home made items!

miss chaotic

Re: locking powder?

Post by miss chaotic » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:38 pm

meh i think it's a waste of money really, your hair will lock naturally and the less that you put into them the better if you really want to use something that will help dry them out a little so that they lock a little quicker make up a sea salt spray... best way to judge if the mixture is right is taste it if it taste like tears it's perfect anything more may burn your head if you want to be adventurous add a little lemon or tea tree oil to the mix
sometimes i think there's no reason to get out of bed...then i feel wet and realise there is!!

sevenpointoh

Post by sevenpointoh » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:23 am

Diluted lemon juice will do more for your locks than the locking pepper, not to mention the cost difference. :)

Edit: Same for the salt mixture, but I don't use salt water personally because my hair is black and after it dries it can leave visible salt grains in my hair. :)

absolutebrutal

Post by absolutebrutal » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:54 pm

oooh, so like a lemon juice/water mix? put it in a spray bottle or something?

thats interesting. thanks girls!
http://thebeadmarket.bigcartel.com/ - Beads, Craft Supplies, Incense and Oils, One of a kind home made items!

Suki_Stardust

Post by Suki_Stardust » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:15 pm

I make natural dreads about 3 times a week and I have to say after trying Dreadhead Hq Lock Peppa for the first time today it really works :)

I started today at 10am had my clients hair sectioned by 11am (I'm NOT a morning person!) and I'd finished his hair at a leisurely pace by about 3pm. He had really thick hair we got about 65 reasonably thick dreads in the end.

I normally use a natural mixture though: Sea salt, warm water, aloe vera and lemon juice which works a treat. Although I am going to buy more lock peppa in the future I still like to know what I'm putting on my clients hair.
and it smells a bit, well, odd....
Random overload.... usually caused by me....

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”