Dreadlock Pictures

trippytroll

Re: Dreadlock Pictures

Post by trippytroll » Sun May 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi there all :D
havent updated in a while so thought i'd put some pics up, don't think ive put these up yet.
My dreads are 8 months old now and some of them are really kinky and loopy which i dont mind about, it seems to be ones at the back thAt are like that.
I still really love them and think i might end up keeping them in longer than the year i proposed to do so :P Ive had some shrinkage, but im amazed at how much they'vee grown aswell, i always thought my hair never really grew, but on some of the ones that have wraps etc theres is a lot of growth. A few of them at the roots and just below are really thin, i don't know why, maybe it's the way they grow, but apparantly its quite common so i've heard. there is one that is really thin at the root, that seems like it would break off if it was pulled, but it doesnt cos ive tried :lol:
i done a bit of maintenance to them the other month, but other than that i just let them do their own thing.
i've decided to grow out all my shaved bits now, as ive kinda lost the buzz that i used to get from shaved hair due to seeing so many people with shaved bits now, it kinda looses it uniqness and its appeal, which i am actually really sad about. :cry: i havent had a full head of hair in so so many years. but its at that knightmare stage not long enough to dread yet ( i will eventually dread it and have to add some extensions) so i cant really wear it tied up at the mo. i did put some wraps in the bits im gr owing out so i could wear it tied up for a bit, and i had them in for a few weeks, the last lot of picss show this.
From the pink,i dyed them black, as hubby was going on at me about getting a job and to sort myy hair out, and i wasnt gonna get rid of the dreads so this was kind of a compromise :lol: but i just didnt feel me with dark hair so didnt last all that long...
Image Image
i plaited them and they went all kinky and lassted for ages :!:
Image Image Image Image
then i dyed them red and this lasted absolutely months before it even began to fade...
Image Image Image Image Image Image
and now back to pink, these are pics from when i had the wraps in...
Image Image Image Image Image
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun May 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Those wraps are LUSH!! They remind me of sweeties!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sun May 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Wow those wraps are really gorgeous!!!

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sun May 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Oh gosh!
So lovely SO SO lovely. With the brown, I thought they were nice, then pink, I thought stunning, now with wraps, just...incredible.

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Sun May 22, 2011 10:28 pm

trippytroll your dreads are amazing and i love your wraps they look ace i am in love with you hair please may you package it and send it me PLEASE ?????
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed May 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Trippy troll -i love your dreads!! I like the red best colour wise (although it does look pink on my monitor, less pink than the pink admittedly, but still fairly pink)

We haven't seen mine for a while, so here's mine... 9 months old in these pics, in an updo. This was after a fancy dress party, hence me wearing somewhat strange attire with blood smears on it! I wear my hair like this a lot though, sometimes with a scarf round it, sometimes like this.

telling it like it is!

Desiree

Post by Desiree » Thu May 26, 2011 6:55 am

Wow - it looks great!
How do you secure the bun??

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu May 26, 2011 5:56 pm

and... it secures itself by tucking bits in here and there. i try wherever possible (for no real reason) not to use any hair ties and such. This style was created by winding a few dreads on my crown into a mini bun, then gradually building up with a few more dreads at a time adding to the bun, tucking them under to hold them in as i got to the end of them.
telling it like it is!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu May 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Ooh! Check you out, Miss Anthropik

It's such a treat seeing pictures of your dreads coming along nicely. It makes me feel like one of those zoo-keepers who bottle feed a baby animal and then return it to the wild. *deep breath. Fans mouth*

I love the updo.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Librarynerd

Post by Librarynerd » Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Only 9 months old!!! So gorgeous Miss A.

This seals it. I'm saving up my monies and making the trip to Manchester for the Gracie treatment. Figure if I save and grow my hair for a year I can do it. 7400 km for a hairstyle:0 hehe
I can't remember, did you do the dreads and the extenders all at the same time? Can that be done?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri May 27, 2011 6:21 pm

she is well worth the trip! I tell everyone who wants dreads or maintenance that they simply must go to grace!

And in answer to the extension question... sort of. I went thinking I didn't need extenders, but my hair shrunk a lot more than i expected, so I sort of cried on grace who resolved the situation as best she could given she wasn't at all prepared for me saying this! I have a total of 56 dreads and I think grace added extensions onto about 15 or so of them on the day she did them. She showed me how she was doing it, and I did the rest about a month later over a period of a couple of weeks. I still had at that point about 10 or so without extensions on, and was going to do those the next weekend, but in then end left them, some shorter ones can add some variety to some updos and things.
telling it like it is!

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Fri May 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Librarynerd wrote:Only 9 months old!!! So gorgeous Miss A.

This seals it. I'm saving up my monies and making the trip to Manchester for the Gracie treatment. Figure if I save and grow my hair for a year I can do it. 7400 km for a hairstyle:0 hehe
I can't remember, did you do the dreads and the extenders all at the same time? Can that be done?
^ This, I am already saving my money and trying very hard not to cut my hair...

MissA your dreads look absolutely amazing now (they always have looked amazing, but even moreso :D)
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

girl on fire

Post by girl on fire » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Trippy troll, i love those hair wraps....and the beautiful colours you dye your hair!

MissAnthropik - beautiful dreads, the up do looks stunning :)
http://www.girlonfire.org

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

DriimingTree

Post by DriimingTree » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:08 am

MissAnthropik wrote:those of you on GUDU or my facebook will have seen these, but i'm guessing that's not evreyone, so here are some pictures!

get up dread up (on lj) had a competition for the most obnoxious hair, and i won. I won a hat from missbell, which will be coming to me soon :)

Here is how i styled my dreads for that:

And then they wanted a how to, so here are some select stupidly posed shots from me making the how to:

This is what i look like when I go to work...

My dreads are 5 and a bit months old now. Time flies!

simply amazing!! both the silly styling and the dreads themselves. may i ask how you did the extensions? (i did read they were extended, right?) what type of hair did you use? did u do it yourself? i really like the way yours look & i'd like to recreate it on my own head if possible...

writeaboutlove

Post by writeaboutlove » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 pm

my babies 8 months old

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:10 am

Your dreads are beautiful :)

Desiree

Post by Desiree » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:22 am

I love the different red shades...

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:29 pm

driiming tree - I had my hair dreaded by Gracey (woolhairhabit) and she extended some of them on that day. As I don't live very near her she showed me how to do the others myself. The extensions are made from dreaded wefted hair, then the weft cut off, then those loose bits from the top of the extension kind of wrapped around about an inch or 2 up from he bottom of my own hair and crocheted in. The ones Gracey did are all human hair, but i think some of the ones i did myself are not 100% human hair. I had some unlabled hair, i did the lighter test and certainly the strand i lit was human, but the ends have ratted up very differently from both the human hair extensions and the few of mine that are not extended. they feel scratchier too. Nothing matters enough for me to take them out and change them though!

writeaboutlove - i love your hair!
telling it like it is!

Soya_Destroya

Post by Soya_Destroya » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Wow so many lush set's of dreadies!! :)

Well, about a month & a half ago I took out my dread extensions, & got rid of (most of) my blonde & took the dive with henna for the first time. I have to say, I sharnt be using any other hair dye on my hair for a long time now! It's FAB!!
My drealings are now 6 & a half months old, the ends are pretty loose still what with being attatched to the extensions for most of their life, but they are defo coming round with each wash! :D I will never want blunt ends, so wispy ones are all good ;)

Rubbish pic for dreads, but good one for the colours at the front, & to show off my new green contacts :D

& the back. It's a strange mulletey beast when all down, so I normally wear it like this, with the bottom half in a french twist.

& another one, super rubbish pic on a night out, but was the first one I had that you can ACTUALLY see I have dreads in since I took the extensions out! lol

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Starting my babydreads today :D really exited about this.. Had dreads years ago but cut them off.
I'm so tired of synth.. it itches....

knottycavegirl

Post by knottycavegirl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Just found this site, saw all your lovely dreadies...and decided to sign up so I could share...

I know it's dark, but it's the best I could do for now. These are a few days old.

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Soya - your coloring is lovely!

Kaja - how exciting!
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

knottycavegirl

Post by knottycavegirl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:59 am

DriimingTree

Post by DriimingTree » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my progress...

Here's a crappy pic of my dreads about 3 wks old & the top still needed to get done, as you can see. =)

a little over a month old of barely any maintenance but i had just finished the top pieces & cutting my bangs:

after maintaining them with a crochet hook & a comb & flat ironing them to help keep the frizzies down (i don't like to use wax or anything else):

Needless to say, my arms were dead after that. But totally worth it. They feel pretty crispy today... very dry... but my hair is so fine that from showering & getting them wet, they loosen. So hopefully they'll lock up pretty soon...! I'm really excited to make myself some beads & get some extensions on my head. YAY!

What does everyone think...?

<3 Kile

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 am

Here are my babydreads, extended.. :) I love them. they are very fluffy still :)

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”