Bleaching from Black

moROSE69

Bleaching from Black

Post by moROSE69 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:12 am

I am going to be dying my hair soon and I want to get some of the black out so I can get a good bleach to apply the color. I know I read about this on HH but I can't remember. Maybe we can make a sticky for it.

Lorny

Re: Bleaching from Black

Post by Lorny » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:34 am

So are you asking how you would go about bleaching your hair?
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:01 am

are you naturally dark or fair?

I used Jerome's B blonde lightest lightener and got my natural auburn hair that had been black for some time to white blonde/ bright ginger- go patchy hair! but I managed with toners to sort it all out :)

I am no expert though!

moROSE69

Post by moROSE69 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Yea... Is there anything special I should do to get it like ultra white from black. I am trying to go blue.

I'm fair skinned... if you mean my hair (which I think you do) it's light brown and blonde but it's currently a faded black with blue/purplish hint what you can't see anymore.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:08 pm

You're going to need to bleach it out. Jerome Russel's is good. To get to ultra white you need lots of bleach, and thats it. Use a good strong purple toner after all the bleaching to get it that extra bit white.

Oh, and you're going to need lots of conditioning treatments.
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:34 pm

I've just bleached some of my hair from overdyed black to have red in my hair.

I found I had to bleach my hair twice (using something stupid like 18% bleach) to lift the colour, especially off of the tips. Even after this my hair still was dark auburn at the tips. When my hairdresser used 40vol on my hair it hardly lifted any of the colour at all.

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Jerome Russel is a really good bleach, oui, but I've bleached from black quite a few times & ended up bright orange.. which is my least favourite colour, so I was not at all pleased.
I'd really recommend getting the colour stripped at a hair dresser, yes it will be pricier than bleaching alone, but that way, you'll damage your hair a lot less.
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

swixy

Post by swixy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:49 am

My first bit of advice is be careful I cant stress this enough!
My hair was all black about 24 inches long. I decided i wanted a Lily munster esque streak in the front. Beings as my mums a hairdresser and has been for about 35 years i thought it would go well......
To cut a long story short i went against her wishes and gave the bleach that was on my hair a blast with the hairdryer. Which was not a good idea. As it snapped my hair off. Thankfully i had about 6 inches of hair left. But it was a really horrible orangy colour, even with a toner on the top.
So be patient. Its a long and lengthy process to get it lifted. After about 6 bleaches with about 3 weeks inbetween and lots of conditioning treatments its almost white, but not quite, its still a bit yellowy.

Funkyrapunzels

Post by Funkyrapunzels » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:17 pm

If I were you I'd do a bleach bath first, this will strip soe of the colour out without being as harsh on your head and hair. Then bleach afterwards.

Return to “Styling and Color”