mixing colors...

Dark eggy

mixing colors...

Post by Dark eggy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:05 pm

ok, i have punky colors "rose red" on me. and i have a bottle of manic panic atomic turquiose, would i get a purpley color if i put it on my head, or would it just come out really ugly? xD

this is the hair i have now...

ImageImage
formerly Raven

dreamNcolor

Re: mixing colors...

Post by dreamNcolor » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:43 pm

I'd personally reccomend doing chunks of each color, not mixing the two.

You can do a test strand to see if the mixing of the two colors would turn out a nice shade. Just bleach the last 1-2 inchs on a strand of hair, then mix just enough of the two colors for he tst strand, and try it.

Maybe it would turn a beautiful purple or it could look really ookey. Worth a try if your willing though. :i9:
I only dream in color.

LifeDeathRebirth

Post by LifeDeathRebirth » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:30 am

You could always mix a bit of the two in a bowl to get an idea of what it will look like. In my experience, your hair usual comes out the same color as it is in the bottle (or not that much different). You could also try painting the mixture on some blonde human hair to test the color on actual hair.
born in the dust and cradled in the dark

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:30 pm

Something tells me the green in the turquoise would make the whole thing a bit of a nasty colour.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:43 pm

LifeDeathRebirth wrote:You could always mix a bit of the two in a bowl to get an idea of what it will look like. In my experience, your hair usual comes out the same color as it is in the bottle (or not that much different). You could also try painting the mixture on some blonde human hair to test the color on actual hair.
SFX is a lot darker in the bottle than it comes out on the hair so it's kinda hard to tell what colour it'll come out as.

Return to “Styling and Color”