Looking for an auburn/copper box dye - help?

sodabubble

Looking for an auburn/copper box dye - help?

Post by sodabubble » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Ok, so I fancy a change & want to achieve a lovely bright copper toned auburn on my hair (currently faded pinky/purple on half & bleach bath brown on the other half, from when it was half black half red earlier in the year) and I've had no experience with auburn or ginger before & reading reviews is so confusing.

I wondered if any of you guys had used a really good brand/shade in the past/present and could perhaps advise me? The colour I liked the look of most was Feria Ruby Rush but they don't sell it in the UK :roll:

Thanks in advance!

MrsEss

Re: Looking for an auburn/copper box dye - help?

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Er, paprika power is really good. There are new feria dyes that I've seen recently that will probably be what you're after.

this is the paprika one:

I used it last winter over blonde hair

Failing that, you could always use henna?
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Live do an amazing orange ginger ;)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Aah, yes. I've used that one too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1210_n.jpg
Link, cos the image is a bit big. Also, I wish I still made eyebrow effort like in the pic!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

sodabubble

Post by sodabubble » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:53 pm

Thanks, gals :)

As much as I adore the Paprika Power one, I just don't think I could carry it off because of how patchy my hair is atm - I couldn't find a pre pigment mousse anywhere, so I went for the Olia 4.6 in the hope if gives me the deep yet bright (if that makes sense?!) cooper tones I hope for.

Anybody tried it or seen it? I haven't used it yet because I have to take my dreads out & I've just got back from work! :)

sodabubble

Post by sodabubble » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:03 am

Ugh, nightmare! I actually changed my mind at last minute & swapped the Olia for the Feria & it washed out loads within the first week. So I took my receipt back to superdrug & the guy said they'd had loads of complaints & let me swap for something else, I opted for the Superdrug vibrance in mango copper burst, so we'll see how this pans out. I chopped a couple inches off my hair because tbh the ends were trashed anyway.

Return to “Styling and Color”