Purple Ombré to Silver?

zaea

Purple Ombré to Silver?

Post by zaea » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm

I know of the Vit C method of getting dye out before a bleach and re-dye but are those my only options?

I'm going back to grey soon but I have some sort of Ombré purple thing going on right now. It's a dark reddish purple at the roots, brighter in the middle (in some spots it looks magenta) and violet on the ends. I will try to get a picture of my hair and post it before I leave work today. I have a set of purple dreads on the way to get it through the 'ick' stage of the dye fading out.

ShadowThrone

Re: Purple Ombré to Silver?

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Head and shoulders or clarifying shampoo works pretty well, and baking soda (I think soda, been a while since I did it) mixed with shampoo, it will dry it out.

I think your current hair sounds really nice though :lol:

Cariad Dreads

Post by Cariad Dreads » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:11 pm

You could also try a colour remover such as Colour B4, Decolour Remover or Color Oops if you're in the US? They can be a little hit and miss at times, but some people get good results with them and they don't damage you're hair, so it's worth a try? :)
Human nature's shedding skin, we're all just shedding skin...

zaea

Post by zaea » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 pm

I thought the color b4 and whatnot was not for veg dyes? I may be mistaken but that's something I've just assumed. :x
That would be fabulous if it worked though.

I do like the purple ombré but it just...isn't me. I like my white/silver crazy hair that I used to have.
I cut most of it off because I discovered I had a food allergy and it explained a lot as to why my hair was always so coarse and dry/angry :<
I always thought it was me bleaching it once every three months but nope! I stopped bleaching and started dumping purple dye over it and the condition was still the same even after 4-5 months...so now I'm trying the white again. :)

None of the colors show properly in pictures. >:C

I've installed some purple dreads for now so I stop itching to fuss with my hair, after these come out I'll be trying the baking soda/shampoo mix. Clarifying shampoo and dish soap got some dye out but seemed to massively dry out my hair.

Thanks for the suggestions!

jellybeanjody2

Post by jellybeanjody2 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 am

So at school, they tell me Shampoo 3 and baking soda.

However at home, I use clarifying shampoo, with a cap full of hydrogen peroxide (mixed into shampoo) and then I scrub and scrub and scrub some more.

And I have atomic pink in my hair. But this always works for me.

zaea

Post by zaea » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 am

Clarifying shampoo plus vit c has been working the best so far. Color Oops got the blue tones out so now it's just reddish and pink. I was out today and didn't buy baking soda. Poo. :<

The bright side is, the color is coming out and my hair is only slightly dry!

Edit: this did actually work in the end. I had it to a very pale blonde and then the silver toner turned my hair this rich steel blue color. I liked it more so I kept it until it faded out.

Now my hair is orange and I am unsure if I like it, but they're in baby dreads now so there's not much I'll be doing about it.

Return to “Styling and Color”