Bleaching back to blonde question

beccah

Bleaching back to blonde question

Post by beccah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 pm

OK,so I have a question if anyone can help.

I had bleached blonde hair, bleached once from my natural darkish blonde colour, and babied, the ends are still healthy etc.
I vstupidly dyed it ginger and it's gone horribly bloody wrong. I hate it.
I'm thinking of Colour B4ing it, then bleaching and toning it.
Do you ladies think this even has a vague chance of success, or am I doomed to orange?

MrsEss

Re: Bleaching back to blonde question

Post by MrsEss » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 pm

No, it should work - the red may still be visable though, pale though perhaps a peach kinda thing, but a few bleach baths over the course of a few weeks should help lift it. I had blonde them coloured my fringe blue & absolutely regretted it, it took me about a week but I managed to get rid of it.

Can't comment on the orange though, I've gone from blonde to orange & love it.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Just go right to the bleach in my experience, Rex really doesn't come out well with colour b4. The red returns with colour before! I went from dyed red to peach and by the end of the week I was ginger again! I needed more bleaches to get to blondeafter using it than just bleach alone - I previously bleached my fringe to blonde with one bleach- after colour b4 it took 6 bleaches!

beccah

Post by beccah » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:33 am

Cool, I think I'll try my best to deal with it until it fades a bit, maybe do some vit C baths, then bleach and tone it to hell.
And don't get me wrong,orange is awesome but it was a horrible,muddy orange,not an awesome high lighter type :|
Thank you for the help!!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 pm

Yeah, red can penetrate (hurr!) the hair to the point where it's a PITA to get rid of. I was suggesting a colour stripper as it took the black out of my hair & made it auburn, but everyone has a different experience with it. I can dry your hair out, but won't turn it to chewing gum like multiple bleaches can.

There's a definitive guide to getting white hair made by the wonderful Mkatsi: http://www.scribd.com/doc/91449310/Defi ... White-Hair
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Return to “Styling and Color”