Blue to.... copper!

[Phexxie]

Blue to.... copper!

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Feeling the need for change again, and starting to miss my natural colour!
I'm naturally red, but I want full on, bright copper!

My hair is currently dark blue.... this is not going to be an easy transition!

Colourwise, I'm wanting something like this

Now, I'm aware that I'm likely to go through some glorious stages of green whilst getting the blue out, and red and green don't mix

What I am actually thinking about doing is removing the blue and going back to bright red so I can gradually grow my hair out and dye the regrowth a brighter copper shade since red and copper will look much nicer than blue and copper, but again we have the green issue

My hair is damaged, not going to lie, so I need to limit the bleaching as much as possible and ideally not even touch it with bleach if I can avoid it
I did a strand test a few weeks ago and the result were... well, about as disappointing as could be expected really!

So I'm going with the good ol' vitamin C strip and strong shampoo washes

What I want to know is if there's anything I can do to avoid going a muddy brown?
Is there a colour that I could put on the green perhaps to stop that happening (although an educated gues would assume no)

Oh, and what would be the best BRIGHT copper colour to use for the shade shown above? Bearing in mind my natural colour is pretty light and therefore not really an issue!

This is probably the hardest colour change I have decided on, I managed the platinum blonde but ruined my hair in the process.... if only I had the balls to shave it off and start a wig collection *le sigh*

MrsEss

Re: Blue to.... copper!

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

There is actually a PERFECT colour for this Laura, Feria Paprika Power I've seen it on real people & it is absolutely heavenly.

There are some intense shampoos & things you can buy to "clean" the hair prior to colouring. Jo-Baz do a "prepare for colour" http://jo-baz.com/ I used their colour remover when I stripped the black from my hair earlier this year, I've no damaged parts of my hair.

I'd also recommend a new intense conditioner from Dove - they created a range that has all the intense reparing things in them & made them in to every day shampoo/conditioner and then you can get the intense creme conditioner mask too, this is the one I have: http://www.superdrug.com/haircare/dove- ... rce=179_74
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Ahh marvelous, thank you!

I'm mostly worried about getting out all the blue, I was blonde previously as I'm sure quite a few people are aware lol, so there's no underlying colours
I don't suppose that particular colour remover is effective on semi dyes? I know most of them basically don't do anything

I'll definitely have a look into that colour though, thanks Sarah :)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 am

Afaik it's not like colour b4 more of a preparer, a clarifying shampoo.

No worries hon.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Ahh right, I will give it a go if I can find any and see how it does :)

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:27 pm

I haven't tried it myself, but apparently the new Scott Cornwall Decolour remover works quite well on semi dyes, so might be worth a shot? As far as I know, it's not damaging and contains no bleach at all, but is like colour b4 in the sense that it's quite drying so you'd need to follow with a good deep conditioner.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

Return to “Styling and Color”