raspberry hair with turquoise highlights?

CandySecretion

raspberry hair with turquoise highlights?

Post by CandySecretion » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:41 am

Hey all! Hope you're all doing well, looking for a bit of advice on a new hair color! I'm in cosmetology school and a few friends (myself included lol) want to change my hair :) I want to do a sort of raspberry color with some turquoise highlights and some dark brown/ black low lights. Ill be using all Manic Panic colors as its my dye of choice <3 I've just got a few questions and as there aren't a whole lot of people in my school that have had unnaturally colored hair, I thought it best to ask you all here!

Any experiences/suggestions/alternatives or anything that might be helpful would be really great since I've never had 3 seperate colors in my hair at once lol

-I'm most likely going to mix 2 MP colors together to create the Raspberry color, I was thinking maybe Vamp Red & Hot Hot Pink? (I think they are both blue based colors?) Has anyone tried this combination?

-for the highlights I wanted to use Atomic Turquoise, now Im sure theres going to be some bleeding, but do you think it'd be alot?? I'm afraid that if I do it that itll turn purplish very quickly. So if that's the case I may just do pink highlights. What are your thoughts on this?

- & lastly lol best color protecting shampoo you can recommend?

Think that's all :) Thanks in advance!! <3
Electronic Stimulation

xxkinzixx

Re: raspberry hair with turquoise highlights?

Post by xxkinzixx » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:57 am

I had deep pink hair (Hot Hot Pink with a bit of Purple Haze if I remember correctly) with a small streak of blue a few years ago and if you take care to wash your hair carefully with cold water then I don't think you should have too much problem with the colors getting muddled together. I had my hair that way for about a month and a half (can't remember if I did any touch ups) but didn't have much trouble keeping the colors separated for the most part. Just maybe an inch around the blue streak turned a little purpley but that was it. I have pics but I don't really want to clog the page with my face, haha

I love both Vamp Red & Hot Hot Pink, I've had them both in my hair but never mixed together... it sounds so lovely! Yes, they are both blue based so they should mix nicely.

I used N'Rage Twisted Teal for the blue part. Atomic Turquoise seems so pale to me, I think your hair will need to be bleached pretty light in order for it to stay vibrant. I find that the color in the bottle rarely matches what it looks like on my head. But if that's doable for you then go for it! If not, maybe try a darker blue and mix with conditioner to lighten it a bit.

Don't have a shampoo recommendation for you but I have heard that rinsing with vinegar will help keep the colors from bleeding. I haven't tried it though so I strongly recommend you Google that first, lol.

Oh, and post pics when you're done (please)! :lol:
SYNTHETIKZERO - Custom Jewelry, Synth & Wool Dreads, Hair Accessories
Etsy
Facebook

MichelleBichos

Post by MichelleBichos » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Atomic Turquoise is awful - I had to leave it on for a couple of hours, and it didn't last at all! Go for Special Effects Fishbowl - it has a 20 minute processing time, and lasts the whole week ;)

I have a couple of colours in my hair, and am just careful to separate them out while processing, and washing them separately in the shower - sometimes the pink/turquoise crossover turned magenta/purple, but it still looked good!

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 pm

If you're worried about bleeding, why not do the turquoise highlights with ShapeShifter hair extensions instead of dying your natural hair?

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 pm

I don't know that I would call Hot Hot Pink and Vamp Red "blue based" but rather cool-toned reds.

I'm kind of with VSB on this one. Less damage to your hair and less worry about bleeding.
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

CandySecretion

Post by CandySecretion » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 am

Ahh okay Ive never used Atomic Turquoise before so thanks for that! I've been persuaded to do a couple of slices of just the pink so I may do that depending on how light my hair ends up lol otherwise ill definitely go with getting some SS, since I was thinking about getting dusty rose(I think its called?) and white to play with :)

Thanks for the responses!
Electronic Stimulation

Return to “Styling and Color”