Anyone tried mixing MP Raven?

Miss Liberty

Anyone tried mixing MP Raven?

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey there!

I know its been a while since I have posted. I have not had many hair related things to discuss. I have recently lifted my Napalm Orange and am currently light white blonde with a pale pink under color. I thought I would love it, as I loved being blonde before. But currently its leaving me with this "meh" feeling.

I am considering two different dye options. One black and blue, the other a dark reddish-orange. I want it to be funky, but darker than some of the Special Effects colors straight from the bottle.

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried mixing Manic Panic's Raven with other veggie dyes to darken the shade. I know this can't be done with regular black hair color because of the chemicals. But MP's Raven would be just like mixing paint, right? I was thinking of adding it to some Blood Red/Hi-Octane mix. Any thoughts?

If anyone HAS mixed black veggie dyes with wild colors can you post pics? Thanks!

Mkatsi

Re: Anyone tried mixing MP Raven?

Post by Mkatsi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Havnt tried it, but bare in mind it'll have a black or blue base so it'll mix out those colours rather than just darkening the tone I think.

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:21 pm

ah. you know, that is something I did not think about. thanks!

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:43 pm

When Raven fades it goes brown/orange rather than that dingy greenish shade that blue blacks sometimes do, so it might work with Blood Red or Hi Octane Orange. Its definitely a warmer black. Maybe try mixing just a tiny bit for some extensions and then see how they wear?
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:47 am

You could probably get away with mixing a little in with Blood Red. Just do tiny tiny bits at a time. A great way to see what you'll end up with is just smearing some veg dye on a piece of white paper. I realize this is somewhat reckless sounding but it usually works for me!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Ah, I do the paper thing all the time for other shades, so I can give it a go.

Starting to warm up to the blonde due to so many compliments on it. I don't know. Not sure now. But I know I would like to try these shades in future anyway, so the tips are most appreciated!

Return to “Styling and Color”