Pink to teal?

Goffy_lucc

Pink to teal?

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi guys, I've decided I wanted to dye my hair teal. I have ordered a few different shades of blues/greens so I can mix and match and have a really diverse mix of colours in my hair.

My main question is, do you think I will have to bleach my ends? My hair is currently a very faded atomic pink/burgandy wine and is still brightish. I have not long took the plunge and dreaded my hair, and I'm worried about bleaching them, I'm happy doing my regrowth but not my actual ends.

This is the colour it's at at the moment:

How light do you think I'll need my hair? Or do you think I should just take the plunge and risk it (even if I end up with teal roots and purple ends, that would be pretty cool!)
Last edited by Goffy_lucc on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

Monique_marion_may

Re: Pink to teal?

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 pm

OT but i've got 3/4 of a pot of directions turquoise if you want it for free? It's a gorgeous colour, but i'm not going blue again!

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:37 am

Oooh Monique, yes please. Also can you FB me your new address? I haz a present for you!
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Eep, after an extensive keyword search and reading through massive amounts of redundant threads, I found this one (I did a quick search last night):
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9365&p=152466&hili ... nk#p152466

Which was very helpful, is similar to the effect I'm going for and has made me rethink my colour choices. I was going to order some SFX but I think I will go and buy some directions tomorrow. I have a plan of attempting to dye over the top with directions turquoise, and have a darker blue (thinking lagoon blue) for backup. I will update this once I'm dyed. If it has gone wrong... and gone purple or moss green, I won't be very bummed out, I was considering both purple and green!
I do have a tub of hardly used Atomic Turquoise AMP here but I have had crap experiences with it, but when I dyed it over my pink the once it went an absolutely luscious bright purple, so if I have teal roots and purple ends I wont be that bothered :)
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

MichelleBichos

Post by MichelleBichos » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm

I've found the BEST teal/turquoise to be Special Effects Fishbowl - it's awesome!
My hair is part pink and part turquoise at the moment - where it sometimes mixes, it goes a lovely shade of magenta/purple ;)

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

it looks like in that pic you have cut loads of your hair off and holding it to the camera!!
directions lagoon blue is not that good in my opinnion, ive just dyed my hair turqoise, after i cut my dreads out and gave it a good few washed theres was still a lot of oink/red left so gave it a ccouple of bbleachings to lift it more, and its come out a rreally nice teal colour, the under bits of hair aare a darker blue where all the red didnt bleach out, but its fine.

i didnt bleach my dreads for a wwhile after i first had them, just my roots, try and avoid doing it just yet as yoours aree so new, but if you do, really really make sure that the leach is thoroughly rinsed out, this is so easier said and thought than done, else it will just rot away at the dread x
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Yes, I was :P
That was how my hair faded last time, then I cut a load off haha!

And yeah, I've decided not to apply even a bleach bath to my ends, I just don't want to risk it. I'm on my way into town now to pick up some dye, so watch this space!
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

Return to “Styling and Color”