Lightening hair with Vitamin C

LittlePinkFaery

Lightening hair with Vitamin C

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 pm

I found this on the internet, not claiming it to be new or that a lot of you don't know about it, you might!

BUT I had no idea and I am shocked it works!
http://kimmikillzombie.killer-cosmetics ... easure-up/

Lightening your hair with vitamin C powder/ crushed tablets and a clarifying shampoo.

Apparently can be used on all hair colours, including helping to lift your hair before bleaching, taking out the worst of a coloured veg dye and perm/ semi perm colours.

I used it on my pretty dry over bleached hair. It worked as well as 30% bleach when I spot bleached to take out orangey peach colours. I intend to try it a few more times whilst my hair is resting from being bleached.

I can't guarantee results, only that I found it a positive experience! It will dry your hair a little but not as much as bleach!

Mkatsi

Re: Lightening hair with Vitamin C

Post by Mkatsi » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:03 am

Yeppers, we had a big discussion on here a while back about this one! I have used it a good few times to fade unwanted colour, but I did find it quite drying.
I have a short post about it here. http://allaboutthedo.tumblr.com/post/40 ... ipping-the

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:21 pm

I've used this method a couple of times. The first time I didn't mix in enough vit c and didn't have much success. The second time I managed to lighten my hair a couple of shades, removing permanent brown dye. It can be dryin, but nowhere near as harsh as bleach.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:00 pm

Yeah it does dry it a bit, it took me a week to get the condition back, nothing too serious. I will be doing it agin soon to life a bit more. I cannot recommend olive oil enough for a cheap effective treatment to condition ther hair!

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:05 am

littlepinkfaery wrote:Yeah it does dry it a bit, it took me a week to get the condition back, nothing too serious. I will be doing it agin soon to life a bit more. I cannot recommend olive oil enough for a cheap effective treatment to condition ther hair!
This! Any oil is good. I love coconut oil the best, its about £2 from food shops or superdrug.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:01 am

guys, really sorry to dig up an old thread, but would it be good to use to remove very pale pink from almost white dyed hair? I want to dye my hair pale pink but I want to know I can go back without bleaching the £$$%%%^^^ out of it! :lol:
I bent my wookie!!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Please do add to an old thead if it is relevant. All I can say is that it is worth a go- I used it to get out one pink stain from my hair. Kinder than bleach but still damaging obviously. It is a process you need to repeat a few times- but condition the hell out of it in between!

Return to “Styling and Color”