Help getting perfect platinum!

LittlePinkFaery

Help getting perfect platinum!

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi all, I have gone from dyed ruby red (like the colour in our banner) to platinum. I am naturally auburn, much like #27.

Over the summer I bleached the front of my hair so I could dye it pink. I used 40% volume for an hour and it bleached no problem.

I admit to not being the most clued up about hair dye and decided to go blonde but would be 'kinder to my hair' by using colour stripper 'colourB4'/ Worst blooming mistake, it only took it to bright ginger and darkened over the week, so I did it again, lighter ginger this time (with perfect blonde front bit). I didn't expect this to make it blonde, but it seems that the stripper has 'ruined' some of the hairs 'ability' to go blonde as my fringe went straight to blonde! I wish I had just gone for bleach instead of the stripper!

I then went for bleach again,first time left some gingery patches, and second time left same patches, that are now peachy.

I have also had a platinum hair dye on it.

I am getting rather worried that I have bleached it rather too much! But it still isn't platinum all over!!

Any advice on how to get tricky peachy ginger bits out? It is concentrated on the ends and mid section of my hair.

I have used toners, they make no difference. My gut reaction is that it needs another bleach or two (last one was a 30%) to get the peachy ginger out but I am scared that this will cause breakage!

Any advice? Once it has gone platinum, it will be only roots to worry about , which are easy!

Dystopatica

Re: Help getting perfect platinum!

Post by Dystopatica » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:42 am

I doubt it has anything to do with the stripper at all, the reason your fringe lifted easily is because the hair is shorter and therefore "newer" and hasn't suffered the same level of damage as your ends have due to repeated dying, styling, etc. Lifting already dyed hair with bleach is much more difficult than lifting virgin hair.

All you can really do is stick with regular bleaching and bleach baths, interspersed with protein treatments and deep conditioning until you reach the shade you want.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks for your response, I shouldn't have called it 'fringe' my mistake, it was the front section of my long hair, so just as processed and dyed as the rest.

I just found it off that that section went straight to blonde but the hair that had stripper on it, didn't, hence it feels like the stripper has somehow blocked the dye- that probably makes no sense!

So just keep on bleaching huh? Got to say I am not sure exactly what a bleach bath is, read people talking about it but paid no attention as I didn't used to dye my hair much!

How long do people recommend waiting between each bleach?

PS googling bleach bats now as this might be the way forward!

EDIT: Anyone tried a vitimin C bath? Reading up on google this seems like a good idea- like a bleach bath but with crushed vit C- apparently it lifts! Going to try it1

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:49 am

You can spot bleach, or bleach bath the peachy bits, just keep a close eye on them as usually it won't take long to lift :)

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:31 pm

I am encouraged by your comment- fingers crossed! Going to try the vitamin C bath first as I think I need to leave a little before using a bleach bath!

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 am

Hey babes, not sure if this is too long ago to bother, but heres how I did it!
http://allaboutthedo.tumblr.com/post/37 ... r-tutorial

I dont mean to be posting links all about sorry! Its easier when you can see the pictures though.

Return to “Styling and Color”