undercut/sidecut help please?

hairykiter

undercut/sidecut help please?

Post by hairykiter » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm in a bit of a "love it - hate it - shave a bit more off" cycle with my undercut at the moment, which could really end in disaster.

What I'm trying to achieve is just keeping the long hair on top of my head and buzzing the rest. I'd also like to be able to sweep it to one side and not look a tit.

Problems: - I have those little wispy wavy stupid bits round my temples and forehead/hairline
- I'm not happy with the line from temple to crown..... in fact looking at it, it's a slope?

I think this picture illustrates my crappy hair well :oops: looks like it could do with a wash too.

How can I fix this? (CAN I fix it?) Or should I just stop tinkering and go to a barber? :P

Any help/advice appreciated :)

Couture_Coiffure

Re: undercut/sidecut help please?

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 am

Not sure what you can do about the wispy bits at the front other than styling with product so they aren't flying all over the place and perhaps treating them to extra conditioning and being very gently when combing/brushing/styling.

As for the line of your undercut, it doesn't look too bad but I understand how one can be critical of a DIY job. If you don't think you'll be able to sort it out yourself, then yes, definitely get someone to do it for you.

Additionally, you can always add extensions for color/length to do the whole swept to the side thing. Have done this quite a few times over the past couple of years and it is one of my favorite styles.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

hairykiter

Post by hairykiter » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:24 am

Hi, thanks :)
I was using a 2-mirror method so the line isn't too wibbly wobbly but I'm just not happy with it. I think it's going to have to be a hairdresser/barber to fix it up.
Really want to have dreads in at some point but it's all job-dependant sadly.
(this lady is my inspiration)

Still does its main job well which is allowing my head to cool itself to prevent migraines, which was impossible before due to all my thick hair, but it looks crap lol. And it's clean now ;)

hairykiter

Post by hairykiter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:22 pm

FIXED!!! Went to a local hairdresser after work today, only took her about 5 minutes. She said she's seen and fixed a LOT worse DIY undercuts ;)

Doesn't look much different but it's way tidier, she did all round the scruffy edges as well. Apparently I have a low hairline. (hey I'm Scottish, we're a short stubby hairy race)

Also check out my weird (and weirdly low) double crown!! I thought I was doing something wrong or missing a bit, no I just have weird hairgrowth there.

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:16 pm

This thread popping up isn't good I had a dream last night where I shaved my undercut back in, then woke up disappointed as I leant my clippers to a friend a couple of years ago and he decided I had given them to him :( despite my protests.
I didn't think your DIY job was that bad tbh, how much did it cost at the hair dressers? I wish I had a low hairline some days, then on others my five finger forehead makes me happy as I feel if I get it out I look "posh" haha I have no idea why :)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

hairykiter

Post by hairykiter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Aw no! Sounds like you need new clippers :D

It cost me £5 cos she didn't have to do anything to the rest of my hair :) just a quick clipper-job.
Think I only have a low hairline at the back, my forehead is as tall as my palm is wide (if that makes sense??)

Return to “Styling and Color”