Best color remover for nasty blue/green?

zaea

Best color remover for nasty blue/green?

Post by zaea » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:40 pm

I apparently got a bad batch of dye. x_x

Tried to dye my ginger hair purple, turned a weird blue. (Last time I use MP Ultraviolet! This is the second time now and the first time my hair was WHITE! ><)
I was okay with the blue until it faded into a nasty blue/greenish color.

I'm unfamiliar with color strippers/removers and I do plan on bleaching the hair anyway because I need to do my roots. I just want to minimize the risk that the nasty green/blue mess will bleach into a lighter nasty green mess, even if it's only minimizing it a little.

My hair was ginger from bleaching and only had manic panic applied to it.

What would be the best one for veg dyes like MP? Can you use any of them on veg dyes?
I've spent about 30 minutes reading topics on color remover and I still can't get a clear answer out of it, I'm not familiar with removers :(

hellsbells

Re: Best color remover for nasty blue/green?

Post by hellsbells » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:55 pm

They're made to remove permanent hair colour; not semi-perm, I'd personally stick with bleach or clarifying shampoos.

Good luck :)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Ketchup. No really. People have sworn by it on here, something about the redness of ketchup helping to remove the green tones.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:34 pm

MP Ultraviolet is well known for not taking particularly well, alot of people seem to have problems getting the right colour with this one. As for removal, colour stripper products like Colour B4 (I think it's called Color Oops in the US) only remove permanent dyes. Although some people do have some success using them to remove semi-permanent veggie dyes, they're not made to do this. Try a light bleach bath, with 20 or 30 vol peroxide to lift out the remainder of the colour without being too harsh on your hair. If you don't want to bleach bath, try washing alot with shampoos that are known for stripping out semi colour, Head & Shoulders has a reputation for stripping out semi dyes quite alot.
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

zaea

Post by zaea » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:48 am

I used to have such good luck with UV :( Damn everything.

I'm going to try the ketchup this weekend I think, thank you!

Return to “Styling and Color”