Green or Purple, a step towards blue.

CandySecretion

Green or Purple, a step towards blue.

Post by CandySecretion » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:49 am

Hi all! Just did some snooping around and didn't find exactly what I was looking for so I thought I'd just ask. So I went from MP's Hot Hot Pink to a semi permanent blue black box dye (which has faded into a dark brown) around April/May and now I'm having colorful hair withdrawls lol. I'm looking to dye my fringe, side bits and a few chunks. I'd reeeeally prefer to go blue but I don't think my hair can take on that much damage atm. I'm assuming that some yellow tones should be okay if I'm dying it Iguana Green (right?), but I'm curious if there's any chance I can use the green to get to blue eventually? I'm guessing it'd end up being more of a dark teal shade... My other option is going purple, like Ultraviolet. Would it be easier to get to a proper blue if I go purple first? If so, what shade of blue would go over a faded purple best? I'm thinking maybe a darker blue. Also, would the Ultraviolet go over pinkish orange hair okay?

My apologies if this has been asked before, mods feel free to delete if it has. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :]
Electronic Stimulation

MrsEss

Re: Green or Purple, a step towards blue.

Post by MrsEss » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:43 am

You might wanna read through this: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7773&hilit=sammu+help+me#p123256

I went from dark red to blue. I asked for help first & the info in that thread is awesome.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Honestly, you're going to have an issue removing the box dye, as they contain metallic salts that do not react well with bleach.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

AuroraStarship

Post by AuroraStarship » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:37 am

I've not had such good luck bleaching out black light enough to work with. I managed to get it to an orangey color that Special Effects Deep Purple went over alright. First you might want to try a color remover like Color B4 or Color Oops, then wait a while and bleach it if it's not light enough (as I remember reading, the dye molecules shrink up so you can wash them out or something [don't quote me on this]... but if you bleach or dye too soon after using the product, it can have some strange effects). You can try searching on this forum for info on Color B4, Color Oops.. and I think there's another one I've heard referenced: http://www.hairdyeforum.com

Good luck!

Return to “Styling and Color”