How light to get deep purple?

starfragment666

How light to get deep purple?

Post by starfragment666 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone knew how light i'd have to get my hair to achieve deep purple? Its naturally medium brown and has had semi perm black on it(its washing out now)

Does dark purple work on hair which is ginger? I could probably get it blonde but i'd rather not as it'l probably snap.
I hate my baby fine hair XD

Any suggestions/advice

Many Thanks :i2:
Nicxxx
Now free to take custom orders, to view my work click here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 24e97a2785
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14046

ShadowThrone

Re: How light to get deep purple?

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:45 pm

A semi/veg dye would work pretty well on orange toned bleached hair :) I used purple ages ago when in between stages when going black to blonde, and it came out fine.

starfragment666

Post by starfragment666 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:08 pm

Awesome, thanks for the advice :)
Nicxxx
Now free to take custom orders, to view my work click here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 24e97a2785
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14046

scandium

Post by scandium » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:08 am

I've gone dark purple over ginger before and it was fine--the ginger was from bleaching out my natural dark brown-black hair and running out of bleach before I could do it again :P

zaea

Post by zaea » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 pm

I've went from ginger and even slightly faded red to dark purple with no problems.

CryptiquesBizarre

Post by CryptiquesBizarre » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:56 pm

The dark purple will go fine on bleached ginger colored hair, however, it may not hold as well. I have dark brown hair and have had better results when my hair has been blonde to get the deep purple I'm looking for and for it to stay for a long period of time. I prefer Special Effects Deep Purple or Pimpin' Purple and mix it with Raw Deep Purple as the color stays for a LONG period of time and fades to a nice lavender. You are able to use Special Effects alone and the color will still be amazing but it would be best to have a lighter color blonde first.

If your hair is so fine that bleaching it is causing very quick damage to it, I would read around on here to find some of the best fixes for it and maybe give your hair some healing time before trying to get the purple you want. It is always best to finish a bleach alone session with protein filler to try and make up for some of the damage.

Return to “Styling and Color”