Hair extensions won't dye, bleach, nothing!!!

CheLLeyTeKiLLa

Hair extensions won't dye, bleach, nothing!!!

Post by CheLLeyTeKiLLa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm not sure what type/brand the hair is because I didn't buy it myself. I am pretty sure that they are human hair extensions because the person who bought them had them dyed at a salon an awful red and black color plus I was told they cost an arm, leg, and foot.

I tried to dye the hair myself light auburn (Revlon Colorsilk) which is the same color I have my own hair dyed. However, after two dye attempts the color did not take AT ALL. I then decided to try to bleach the hair (l'oreal ultra blonde), but the result was just a hideous peachy color where the deep red was and a kind of brownish barely noticeable color where the black was. I don't know what else to do, like I said I'm pretty sure its human hair or it probably would've disintegrated from all that ammonia in the bleach. I've already sunk a considerable amount of money into this hair with no results. I don't want to take it to a salon. Any ideas on how I can dye this stupid hair??? Perhaps now that I have lifted some of the color I can dye it a medium to dark brown? I will even settle for that.

pinky

Re: Hair extensions won't dye, bleach, nothing!!!

Post by pinky » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:17 pm

i've heard that some extensions are treated and make them hard to dye.. might be worth trying a fabric dye? i hear they work for human hair too.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:46 pm

To be honest, that sounds pretty much what would happen if you put bleach on natural hair that had been previously coloured black and red. You could try bleaching again but it's more likely to fry the hair completely than get to blonde. I would probably cut my losses and spend the money you would have spent on dye on new extensions that match your hair.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:26 pm

woolhairhabit wrote:To be honest, that sounds pretty much what would happen if you put bleach on natural hair that had been previously coloured black and red. You could try bleaching again but it's more likely to fry the hair completely than get to blonde. I would probably cut my losses and spend the money you would have spent on dye on new extensions that match your hair.
Thats what I was thinking.. you generally can't dye a lighter color over a darker one, it won't show up, which would explain why the first dye didn't take, and when you bleach two different colors of hair they lighten to, well, two different colors. I agree with Gracey, I'd just get some new ones that match already and save you the hassle!
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Return to “Styling and Color”