Baby pink hair help please

XxDigitalDolliexX

Baby pink hair help please

Post by XxDigitalDolliexX » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:28 am

I bleached my hair from black to blonde in the past 2 weeks. It took 3 bleaches and now its an orangey yellow mostly at the tips. i bought cotton candy pink from manic panic.(a brand I am not too fond of cause it never last very long on me) but the color of the dye is exactly what I wanted,a pale baby pink .Unfortunately only the top (roots) of my hair took the color vary well so I bleached it one last time(the 3ed) hoping it will now be light enough to take the color. I may have to bleach it another time if I want it all to take such a light sade of pink, maybe after the toner.

Also I heard that the special effects toner can be mixed with other colors to make pastels!?! has anyone tried this ? Maybe if I buy Atomic Pink and mix the toner it It will become out a pastel pink? ? please help.
He who rules the spice,Rules the world!
Let the spice flow
-Dune

Come say hi!
lil bit o'bouts me!
Buy my Stuff!

IKickShins

Re: Baby pink hair help please

Post by IKickShins » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:35 am

You could use SFX Cupcake Pink. It's really light. I'm not sure if it's the same as Cotton Candy Pink, but after a couple washings it would definitely be very pastel.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

XxDigitalDolliexX

Post by XxDigitalDolliexX » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:43 am

ikickshins wrote:You could use SFX Cupcake Pink. It's really light. I'm not sure if it's the same as Cotton Candy Pink, but after a couple washings it would definitely be very pastel.
I ordered some white/blonde and baby pink dreads from your website lastnight :) Did you get my messages ? Im looking for a dye closest to the pink I picked from you <3 p.s. I might like to order about 10 more of another :)
Let the spice flow
-Dune

Come say hi!
lil bit o'bouts me!
Buy my Stuff!

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:54 am

I didn't get any messages in my ikickshins.net e-mail today about matching baby pink kk, so it must've gotten lost somewhere :/

Cupcake pink's a little darker than the baby pink kk. It's in between baby pink and hot pink.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!

XxDigitalDolliexX

Post by XxDigitalDolliexX » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:01 am

ikickshins wrote:I didn't get any messages in my ikickshins.net e-mail today about matching baby pink kk, so it must've gotten lost somewhere :/

Cupcake pink's a little darker than the baby pink kk. It's in between baby pink and hot pink.
ok well that sounds good Im gonna mix them in with some dreads ,foam and crin I already have they should blend in good with my cupcake bangs ;)
Let the spice flow
-Dune

Come say hi!
lil bit o'bouts me!
Buy my Stuff!

XxDigitalDolliexX

Post by XxDigitalDolliexX » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:06 am

XxDigitalDolliexX wrote:
ikickshins wrote:I didn't get any messages in my ikickshins.net e-mail today about matching baby pink kk, so it must've gotten lost somewhere :/

ok well that sounds good Im gonna mix them in with some dreads ,foam and crin I already have they should blend in good with my cupcake bangs ;)
So I wanna order some jumbo braid as well...is it too late to add it to my order ? Can you combine the shipping ? I wanna add 4 bags let me know please :idea:
Let the spice flow
-Dune

Come say hi!
lil bit o'bouts me!
Buy my Stuff!

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:30 am

To discuss a specific order, please send an e-mail to hair@ikickshins.net. Make sure to include your order number with your message

Goglu

Post by Goglu » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:35 am

this is what i got by using cotton candy by manic panic. My hair were white but I had to left it all day long in my hair so it could last.
just trygetting your hair as white as you can than put the pink you can also use a hair dryer to make it penetrate more deeper in your hair..And as I said, the ony way you can get it is leaving it all day long( normally my hair take every color...even if i get a bit of mascara on then it will shows for like 3days if i dont get it out immediately O_o)
And if you want you can always mix the baby pink with hot hot pink(from manic panic too) when I redid the color that's what I did, like half of one pot of cotton candy and 1/5 of hot hot pink, put it on dry hair(also getting your hair really dry before doing this will help, the hair will take the dye as a spongeXD..but its not good for your hair:) )
Good luck, I hope it helps.
.:Goglu:.

Kia

Post by Kia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:18 pm

The SFX Cupcake pink is a really nice pink.
I mixed it with Atomic Pink as I wanted it to be really intense...
I got what I wanted.
I bleached my hair to a light blonde, then the next day smooshed the pink dye in and left it for about 5 hours (with a plastic cap).
That was in November last year and I still haven't got it all out yet.
I can vouch for the staying power of SFX dyes.
Probably a silly comment but if there was any traces of bleach left in your hair when you put the pink in, it could effect how weel the pink took. Also is it cold where you are? Roots often take better because it's warmer (warmth opens the hair cuticle and helps with taking the dye). That's why I popped a plastic cap on mine, then I was on the computer for a lot of the developing time and I'm right next to the radiator.

Return to “Styling and Color”