Root touch up dyes? I don't want to have to buy a large pot!

kezerb

Root touch up dyes? I don't want to have to buy a large pot!

Post by kezerb » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of and could recommend anywhere that sells small amounts of hair dye?
I don't want to have to buy the full head bottles just to do an inch or so of roots and then have to throw it away.

Neon Black

Re: Root touch up dyes? I don't want to have to buy a large pot!

Post by Neon Black » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:02 pm

I'm not sure there is anywhere that do that.

If you only need a small amount, just pour half (or 1/4 even) of the liquid and the same of the cream into a mixing bowl and use that, then you can save the rest for another time. As long as it's not mixed, it can be stored.

AntaresJB

Post by AntaresJB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:49 pm

Are you talking about a permanent box-dye kind of thing? If so, I don't know if they have it over there but in the US Clairol sells the Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up Kit: http://www.clairol.com/niceneasy/roottouchup/index.jsp I've never used it, but they've been selling it for a while and it's still on the shelves, so someone must be using and liking it. :)
-- Antares J. Barr --
Like chicks with acoustic guitars? Check out my music on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/antaresjb

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Yeah I saw those touch up kits and thought what a rip off :P

I guess I'll have to store some for later or use it on mum haha

AntaresJB

Post by AntaresJB » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Madii wrote:They sell those root touch-up kits here and they seem like an utter con to me. They sell the boxes of a lot less tint (just enough for the roots) for the same price as the full boxes of dye (for a full head). Uh, wha? Best to do as Neon Black says and try and mix up a small amount with the same proportions, and keep the rest unmixed for later.
Yeah, I never really understood it either, but it's the first thing I thought of that fit the question. When I use permanent dye I go to Sally Beauty Supply and get the color and developer separately (I've pretty much always for a bottle of 30 vol. developer sitting in my bathroom cabinet) so I just mix up however much I need. :) I tend to refresh the color throughout at the same time I do my roots, putting it on the roots first and then through the rest of the hair after 15 minutes or so, so I usually need most of the bottle anyhow.
-- Antares J. Barr --
Like chicks with acoustic guitars? Check out my music on Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/antaresjb

Return to “Styling and Color”