faded pink to white!?

nimmy

faded pink to white!?

Post by nimmy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:42 am

riiiight.

at the moment, my hair is a coral-y peach-y kinda faded pink colour. i was wondering, what's the likelihood of it going some bonkers colour/fall out/other horrible effect if i try and take it up to a proper white colour? it's already been bleached blonde once from medium brown and it took the bleach pretty well.

sorry i don't have a picture to show the colour of the hair and the roots, my computer's on the blink.

Neon Black

Re: faded pink to white!?

Post by Neon Black » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:45 am

if it's in ok condition it should be fine to bleach it again. If it's pretty light anyway, then one more bleaching and then a white toner might be enough.
It's a little hard to advice without pictures, but unless its already totally frazzled, another bleaching or two shouldn't kill it. Just remember to condition lots and if it needs a second bleaching, leave it a week or so to recover before trying again.

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:45 pm

if it's really light then bleach bathing it a couple of times will probably do the job but with less damage. this is when you mix equal parts water, bleach powder, developer and shampoo. you then slap it on and comb it through your hair. leave it on until you can see a colour change and then rinse. i like to leave at least a day in between bleach baths as i often find it continues processing overnight. you can then just bleach your roots as normal. it's better to bleach bath a few times than bleach a few times.

i used two bleach baths to get rid of the remainder of my Atomic Pink when he was a salmony colour and it worked very well.
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Goglu

Post by Goglu » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:55 pm

try some purple shampoo when you get a kindoff yellow...purple shampoo is my friend:P
.:Goglu:.

nimmy

Post by nimmy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:06 pm

hey thanks for replying everyone =)
bleach & purple shampoo are now on the shopping list.
i'll update with how it goes *gulp*

Return to “Styling and Color”