Show off your piercings

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
Flower In Furs

Re: Show off your piercings

Post by Flower In Furs » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:50 pm

That's okay because i have a piercing and tattoo adiction, it consumes all my monies >.< hehe
Did your cheek piercings take very long to heal? Mine have been causing such problems :/ I am keeping them though!! I'm very stubborn, everyone in my town thinks they are crazy and will never heal, but i will show them!! haha! :p
unicorn unity

Stormith

Post by Stormith » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:48 am

I haven't had any consistent problems, but I find that when I get sick...so do my piercings, as gross as that sounds. So every once and a while I'll get a bad cold and my cheeks will be all gross and feel like they did before they healed. I swear by bactine and mouthwash, I just use a steady regiment of both to keep all my jewelry clean.

ViolentDelights

Post by ViolentDelights » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Storsmith- How was your microdermal as far as healing? I really want one but I was told the only was keep it from pushing out is to wear a bandaid over it for a month. And even then its still a fight...

Stormith

Post by Stormith » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:32 am

I wore a band-aid over it for a week, as advised by my piercer. He's been piercing for 15 years and does a great job with all my piercings so I trust him. I've only had it about a month, but it only hurts if I like...snag it on something, like a facecloth, which is normal. No bruising problems or bleeding.

Orpheus Faust

Post by Orpheus Faust » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:03 pm

So, I've been on a facial piercing spree of sorts, as I'm about to liberate myself from a dead end food service job I've worked for a few years. I've come to realize I've gotten piercings to deal with crappy stuff in my life; I got my bridge pierced when one of my best friends from my roller derby league fell off her roof and was critically injured(we were going to get pierced together, my bridge, her septum), I got the cheek piercings when her condition got worse. Anyways, enough of life story time!

This was a random webcam photo after derby practice, so sorry for my sweaty face and messy hair/makeup. Everything visible but my ears were done at Slave to the Needle, in Ballard(which is near Seattle). The Slave to the Needle Ballard location is an amazing shop I recommend to anyone in the Seattle area; their piercing and tattoo artists are amazing. My ears are at a 5/8, I know I need to get plugs soon :\. I'm probably going a size bigger, though.

I also plan to get a vertical labret done as soon as I pay off my credit card. I also have my nipples and VCH done.

cherrygloom

Post by cherrygloom » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:26 am

Got my medusa done! Got the stupid long bar in it at the moment. I look like I have an antenna :lol:

Twiggy

Post by Twiggy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 pm

just got my septum done :)
<<Giggles, Lollipops && Firearms>>

Cyan1deCandy Dreads

Stormith

Post by Stormith » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 am

I'm pokey.

MoonCake

Post by MoonCake » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:48 pm

when I had my cheeks pierced a year ago.I will be getting them back soon as well has my snake bites(maybe)

emmyk89

Post by emmyk89 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:51 pm

I'd love to have more piercing but i can't stand pain! I had my nose done that hurt so much but it unfortunetely healed up as it fell out! (I was gutted after all that pain lol I wudnt get it done again because of the pain) so I got my lip done (bottom centre) and it stung but in the week afterwards I kept catching it etc but kept it in... but had to take it out after a few months because it wore my gum down and started to really hurt it :( I had my rook done which was soooooo painful because when she put the needle and the piercing tube thing in it fell out so she had to push the bar through herself - she was pushing pretty hard n it seemed to take forever! I don't have that in either anymore because it never stopped being painful (had it in for 6 months and it was still painful to lie on/touch)
Do they not numb it anymore? Xxx

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Used to have my nose done, until it fell out whilst I was on holiday in Malta and didn't think to bring any spare's as it was quite new and still healing. By the time i'd got a new one it had closed up it was about 2 days later >_< Shame.

I got the anti-eyebrow pierced when i went to get a medusa as a spare of the moment thing, but then found that i couldn't get that because my lip 'web' comes down too far or something, so opted for that instead. I prefer peculiar piercings.

=^_^=

HairAndStuff

Post by HairAndStuff » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:56 am

To date I only have my Monroe, lip (which I did myself :? ), tongue, and bellybutton. I really want either cheeks or anti eyebrows but my husband, knowing me and being a professional piercer at one time, knows how easily I scar and is "afraid of me ruining my pretty face". I really want anti eyebrows thought ^_^
"I was making someone more portable and found maybe 30 dollars in pennies in their stomach. People are sick." - Jhonen V.
Hair & Stuff.com - Like H&S on FaceBook

guest123

Post by guest123 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:15 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:54 pm

stinamoo wrote:I have morning face and I'm still in my dressing gown, but I have a new piece of septum jewelry. Nom.

WHERE DID YOU GET IT?! It's lovely :)
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

Ecstacy

Post by Ecstacy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 am

kikky_lou wrote:
stinamoo wrote:I have morning face and I'm still in my dressing gown, but I have a new piece of septum jewelry. Nom.

WHERE DID YOU GET IT?! It's lovely :)
Maria Tash gold/cz septum clicker right? :D It's beautiful, I wish she made stuff in 10g.

guest123

Post by guest123 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:16 am

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skookums

Post by Skookums » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:14 am

I had to take this septum ring out because the piercer messed up sooo bad not only was it not straight but its placement was all wrong
Boo!

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi!
Have thought about getting myself pierced in the nipple for a while, but I was wondering, does it hurt badly? I have septum, and that was really disgustingly painful, could it be worse with the nipple? Have to add that my nipples are very sensitive.

And to wear a bra the first week? Or I should get a sports bra to have the first couple of weeks?

Could not find much on the internet about personal experiences, but perhaps someone here could tell me? :D
http://www.kittydreads.se
Like!; Kittydreads @ Facebook

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Kittycat wrote:Hi!
Have thought about getting myself pierced in the nipple for a while, but I was wondering, does it hurt badly? I have septum, and that was really disgustingly painful, could it be worse with the nipple? Have to add that my nipples are very sensitive.

And to wear a bra the first week? Or I should get a sports bra to have the first couple of weeks?

Could not find much on the internet about personal experiences, but perhaps someone here could tell me? :D
I had mine done, twice in my left (had to take first one out as it was pierced in wrong place and got sore when preggers) and once on my right side (which had to be taken out cause i got mastitus :( ) I would say it is painful... BUT only while its pierced, afterwwards i didnt find it sore at all. I wore a bra but popped a tissue in for bit a padding.... make sure you clean it well with salt water and savlon spray and that you go somewhere reputable. I love mine now :D xxxx
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

Skookums

Post by Skookums » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:59 pm

Kittycat wrote:Hi!

It really depends on you, I found the piercing not so bad, but the healing for about the first week was horrible. Although mine rejected so there was more pain then normal. I would say, if you want it just do it. Its over in a second! As long as you take good care of it, you shouldn't have any problems.
Boo!

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Skookums
I have no problems with the healing or so, that's just part of the process. When my septum healed, the boyfriend I had at the time tended to smack me right on the nose haha, agony. So I am.. used to it haha. It was not on purpose though haha, even if it happened more after I got it pierced.
I am very cautious with cleaning and so on, I had so much troubles with one of my tattoos, so I learned to take more care.
I have thought about it ever since my friend Siri got one, about 2 years ago, and then a classmate of mine did it, and then I wanted more. It looks really nice so I think I would concider it, and it's not that expencive here either, about 68 $.

We have this cream here in Sweden, called Emla, that dampens the pain, used it on my nose. It helped a lot, because the first time I had it done, it was so freakin painful and I almost fainted, and the second time it only hurt a bit. Wonder if that is something you can use.. Would probably have to contact the piercingstudio and ask them..

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Kittycat wrote:we have this cream here in Sweden, called Emla, that dampens the pain, used it on my nose. It helped a lot, because the first time I had it done, it was so freakin painful and I almost fainted, and the second time it only hurt a bit. Wonder if that is something you can use.. Would probably have to contact the piercingstudio and ask them..
I have used Emla several times with mixed results when I used it on my micro derma’s it was painless but trickier t do as my skin was slightly greasy.

When I used it on a tattoo I thought it hurt more than with out?

And I think it only numbs the out layers of skin (hope this makes sense), so I don’t think it would be 100% effective on a nipple but may make the initial insertion of the needles slightly less painful if not unnoticeable.
With my septum I used it and I didn’t feel the needle go in, but hell did I fell it go thought and out the other side hope this helps :)
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:24 pm

toxic trish
Ah okay, will probably have to ask about that then, if they had done it on a Emla drenched nipple before, haha.
I have never used it on a tattoo though :o
Yes I guess thats true, and that it hurts a lot after the numbness has gone. My nose was all numb when he did my septum, on the outside, but I felt it on the inside, and I guess the Emla wore out like in the middle of the whole thing, so it hurt a lot when he inserted the ring. So if I use it on my nipple I will have to stop being so panicky and just do it. Hah, like that would ever happen..!

amandorkk

Post by amandorkk » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:28 am

hey everyone! I'm amanda and im newww.

Anti eyebrow, snakebites, monroe

Anti eyebrow

I also have my navel, tongue, nostril, and ears done :P

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:55 am

KittycatAh okay,
I have never used it on a tattoo though :o

So if I use it on my nipple I will have to stop being so panicky and just do it. Hah, like that would ever happen..![/quote]

I truthfully think that Emla has a more psychological impact than it does physical numbness, as you think it will hurt less so don’t worry or panic and are relaxed when they do the piercing. And I think this is the main contributor to pain, as if im stressed or nerves beforehand I panic and worry and then it hurts (IMO). But if im relaxed and think it’s going to hurt, live with it! I think it isn’t as bad? Maybe it’s just me.

Hope this makes sense to you

:i2:
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”