Why dyed black hair is ANNOYING *new hair pics!*

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
ChaosFollows

Why dyed black hair is ANNOYING *new hair pics!*

Post by ChaosFollows » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:36 pm

So kids, this is why you do not dye your hair black, sooo much effort to get it out!!

This was going to be blue...I like it, but it is not blue. But enjoy the progress pics!

BEFORE (Excuse the awful ginger roots!)

Stage one - After using Colour B4, colour remover:
I quite liked this colour, but I know I'd have been bored of it within days.

Stage two - After using B Blonde Powder Bleach + 40 vol Peroxide:
(Thought my head was gonna burn off during stage two...)

And the end result:

It is actually more aquamarine that it looks, but I'm ok with that as it will go beautifully with the premades I just ordered from Miasmahair :D

Disclaimer: I do not recommend anyone tries to bleach black out of their hair. Unless you are fully prepared for it to all snap off! I'm just lucky I guess. x
"The attention just encourages her."

My Etsy Shop: ChaosFollows
My Facebook Page: ChaosFollows on Facebook

MrsEss

Re: Why dyed black hair is ANNOYING *new hair pics!*

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:41 pm

I've bleached black out my hair without it snapping off & I went blue.........perfectly.

It's a nice teal shade you've got there.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:33 pm

An extra coat of bleach probably would've lifted that right off no problem. But yeah, that is a lovely teal :) first time I bleached mine I had to do it twice to get from faded-out black/brown to blonde.. but I intended to go teal anyway.
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

ChaosFollows

Post by ChaosFollows » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Haha yeah I thought that about the extra bleaching, but I have really fine hair and didn't fancy it snapping off! (It actually happened to my friend at college, I'm not just over paranoid! Honest!)

I'll probably keep it like this until I get roots then re bleach the lot and go proper blue :) Just in time for the blue/black naturals I just started :)

And TEAL!!That is the word that I just could NOT think of earlier when I was trying to describe the colour...*doh* Brain fuzz. x

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 pm

My hair's pretty fine. It depends how many times you've bleached it, what strength developer you use, etc.
I ruined my hair too, but that was because after bleaching it twice to go teal (I later went lilac) I then decided to go back natural with a permanent brown dye O____O I hated it and within a few days I wanted to be purple again and I tried to bleach it out. It failed, bigtime. Had to cut my hair to about chin length :(

I'll be bleaching the lot again once the frazzled ends grow out... and then I won't make the same mistake again! Bleach, choose colour, STAY THAT COLOUR! Don't faff with permanent dyes and then try to go back to bleach, cos that's how you get chewing gum hair.
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:21 am

i recently decided to go silver from dark brown and i got my entire head white. i mean WHITE. aside from one annoying chunk of ginger in the front that would not budge. after three bleachings. stupid stupid stupid. i put the silver on over anyways though and it took fine, but now that its been about two weeks, the ginger patch is reappering. not even my purple shampoo can stop it.lol.

_my_purple_skys_

Post by _my_purple_skys_ » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:09 am

i really like the stage 2 pic....but yeye for the blue!!

I bleach bath my roots about every 2 months and my hair just about gets on fine.

ChaosFollows

Post by ChaosFollows » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Iddy you should just make the ginger chunk a random other colour to cover it and pretend it was totally intentional ;) Sly.

MichelleBichos

Post by MichelleBichos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:42 am

Yeah, I have a bit in my fringe that I'm trying to dye from black - since my hair's fine, I only get it bleached when I go to the hairdresser (every 4 weeks) - the black will be gone eventually! At the moment it's still a mid red, which looks pretty funny with the rest of my pink fringe ;)

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 am

i though about it! ive been liking the baby pink/silver combo thats been popping up lately. its more of a beige now than ginger since ive bleached it again though, so i might just wait it out :/

Black-Sunshine

Post by Black-Sunshine » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:25 pm

It looks really nice, I love the shade
http://www.blacksunshineiow.etsy.com Handmade Dreads, hair bows, necklaces, bags & more!

http://www.blacksunshineiow.com

Little Wicked

Post by Little Wicked » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Lovely shade! I've also had many hair disasters from trying to get permanent black dye out, although black is my 'failsafe' colour, that I always seem to go back to. Now I'm trying to avoid black like, well like the plague! (pun not intended!) :D
Mindi Kay: loves dreads,corsets, shoes, makeup & fashion, obsessed with all things horror/gore related.
http://littlewickedsworld.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.littlewickedsemporium.co.uk

kitcupcake

Post by kitcupcake » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:48 pm

When you get to that pale yellow stage, add a bit of lavender toner to your shampoo & conditioner! If you can stand to rock that hot mess yellow ickiness under a hat for a week or so, it should lift to a nice platinum blonde pretty quickly. Dandruff shampoo works well too, as it strips any and all color from your hair. Just be sure not to use them once you dye your hair again, it will fade like mad!

MissLove

Post by MissLove » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Ahh i feel your pain! been there more than once! xx

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:28 pm

i will never dye my hair black ever again.

CheyenneLeHale

Post by CheyenneLeHale » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:02 am

If you want a gorgeous shade of blue-black, that will actually wash out, try Garnier 100% Color Blue Black...It is suppose to be "permanent" but its not. It use to wash out of my hair completely (which is a natural dark-dark brown) after 2-3 months. My friends with lighter hair have used this same dye, and it took a bit longer to rinse out.(Now that I'm on thyroid medicine, NOTHING will stick in my hair more than a few weeks). The blue fades pretty quick, but can be brightened up with some Manic Panic. A few years back, I dyed it with this black, then coated it with Manic Panic Fuschia Shock...turned out as subtle purples, which glowed a bright Fuschia-Violet/Blue-Violet in sunlight or flash photography:
Soft incandescent light.
Photo taken with a strong flash.

It isn't sold in any stores that I know of anymore, but it can be found online (I found it on Amazon). 1 Box was enough to cover my hair when it was shoulder length. (Now at mid-back length, it takes two boxes, with plenty to fully saturate it)

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”