My new baby... Spike!!

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
poxabomination

Re: My new baby... Spike!!

Post by poxabomination » Mon May 02, 2011 2:13 am

trippytroll wrote:well i thought all hedgehogs were wild, unless born in captivity kinda thing or being released, im absolutely gobsmacked you can have them as pets!
hehehe I remember being shocked too but people have been breeding them for a while now :)
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon May 02, 2011 7:04 am

Gromidez wrote:
You wouldn't believe the stories of heard of people trying to feed carniverous animals lettuce and stuff. The store where I got my Ball Python was telling me about a woman who got her kid a snake and came back a while later saying he wouldn't eat. They tried to explain that you can't putt lettuce in a Ball's tank and hope he'll eat it, he needs mice. She refused and said she'd never feed him mice, it was barbaric, and she'd just keep trying to feed him veggies. I hate to think what happened to that poor snake :(
Seriously?? That's ridiculous...I've had a ball python and they're tricky to feed at the best of times...let alone trying to feed one veggies :shock:

Funnily enough we got ours from someone who couldn't bring themselves to give it mice
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 am

Liz, that's classic! :lol: Without turning this into A&C, I don't think exotic pets should be limited to zoos at all; these stories just show that stores are selling animals willy nilly without checking for knowledge. I imagine people outside the UK struggle cuz they still feed live rodents!

I'd love a hedgehog but I don't think I'd be good with a nocturnal pet. I'd have it out every two minutes! It certainly is a beaut though, and easy to keep cuz they eat cat food. :lol:

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon May 02, 2011 1:04 pm

[quote="Lorny"]Liz, that's classic! :lol: Without turning this into A&C, I don't think exotic pets should be limited to zoos at all; these stories just show that stores are selling animals willy nilly without checking for knowledge. I imagine people outside the UK struggle cuz they still feed live rodents!
quote]

:lol: oh I agree, I definitely think a lot of exotic pets can be properly cared for within the average persons means, I'm not one of those nutjob "FREE THE HAMSTERS! LET LOOSE THE GUINEA PIGS!" type of people, I just think theres certain species more suited to captivity and others that just don't work well more often than not (iguanas, big cats, crocodilians, etc.) mostly because they either have very specific diets, large space requirements, or are extremely dangerous, and often all three. I honestly hate that I have an iguana, I love him to death but I wish he wasn't ever caught and taken from the wild (as most in the pet trade are) and put in that godawful store, and I would be way too worried about him to give him away because people are like "hmm, iguanas like crickets, iceberg lettuce, and potato chips, RIGHT?!" :roll:
I hate that theres still some places where things like sugar gliders and hedgehogs are illegal here -_- I don't even know why, its like the government is like "hmmmmmm they don't SOUND like they should be pets so I'm just gonna say NO U CANT HAS before I even do any research on what they actually are."

And yeah, a lot of pet stores (most pet stores) sell to ANYONE who will pay. Some have an age limit, like you have to be 18, but that really does nothing because people are ignorant and don't read up before they buy. I don't know how many times people have said "I want one of them sugar bears flying squirrel things" and I go "oh, did you see those in the traveling cart in the mall?" and they go "AYUP" and I tell them they should buy a book and read it before they buy one, and none of them ever come back. Places like that are effing disgusting by the way, don't even get me started :lol: . In a perfect world, the stores would make people fill out a questionairre, interview them, inspect the cage they have set up for the animal, etc, like they do at shelters, but they really don't care and its all about the money. Its sad.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon May 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Ok, it's too late, this is really going off on a tangent now!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon May 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Lorny wrote:Ok, it's too late, this is really going off on a tangent now!
eep! I hope I'm not coming across as argumentative and I do go off onto tangents easily >.< I apologize!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon May 02, 2011 3:46 pm

No, you do make valid points but this isn't the place, poor Sally! Her thread has been hijacked!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon May 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Lorny wrote:No, you do make valid points but this isn't the place, poor Sally! Her thread has been hijacked!
I know, I'm a jerk >.< *is embarassed*

to get back on topic, somewhat, has anyone seen the video where the hedgehog is floating around a bathtub on its back? It makes me almost want one for that very reason.

FaerieGirl

Post by FaerieGirl » Tue May 03, 2011 12:46 am

That's crazy!
I'm actually seriously looking into getting one now. I've been doing crazy amounts of research though, cuz I'm terrified of making him sick or something.
Taking over the world, one cupcake at a time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CausticCu ... 7885476928
CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue May 03, 2011 3:01 pm

poxabomination wrote:
Lorny wrote:No, you do make valid points but this isn't the place, poor Sally! Her thread has been hijacked!
I know, I'm a jerk >.< *is embarassed*
It was my fault too, sorry Sally :oops: (see signature for rightful title of Queen of Tangents)

Cute hodgeheg :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

dreadstarrs

Post by dreadstarrs » Tue May 03, 2011 8:12 pm

he's so lovely! i love hedgehogs. i also love that you named him after James Marsters' Buffy character, that's awesome :i2:
when you find yourself on the edge of madness,dive.

** faerie princess **

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”