Bansky in my shop

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
MissAnthropik

Re: Bansky in my shop

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:16 am

I stand corrected then.

however, I am still confused, how come the media don't know who he is? i know there is speculation, but only the daily mail (who obviously always tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!) are actually claiming to *know*. Surely many of these Bristol types are unscrupulous and would be prepared to open up the mystery to the media...

Obviously I don't know one way or the other, and only have information from the internet, it just doesn't all add up very well.

I am not meaning to be disbelieving, in fact I have no reason not to believe you, I would just also like the rest of the things to add up, and would genuinely be interested to know how come he could be "well known" as you put it, in Bristol, yet fairly effectively, as only the Daily Mail ("it must be true I read it in the daily mail") claim to have figured it out, and even they are a little evasive, have evaded the media.

I know I probably sound really annoying and I don't mean to, I am just genuinely curious how such a thing could have happened
telling it like it is!

PirateQueen

Post by PirateQueen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:34 pm

The media know his name, you can find it easily if you google it. And what could these unscrupulous Bristolians say except 'I know Banksy, his real name is ............. etc.' I hardly think the press would pay for that!
As I said, he's always been very good at publicity, and has been cultivating this mysterious persona since before I knew him - early on in his career he used to be known as Robin Banks.
For example, the mural I posted a picture of - several years after it was done, he was doing an exhibition in London and he approached my ex to see if my ex would go to the exhibition and 'vandalise' one of his paintings, supposedly in 'retaliation' for the graffiti he did on our wall.
He's been very careful never to be photographed, so can walk around and even go to his own exhibitions with impunity. Not sure what else I can say really!
I believe this article in the Daily Mail is probably the one you are referring to http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... urbia.html. For once the Daily Fail have got it right!

cherrybombdreads

Post by cherrybombdreads » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:41 pm

I've heard it wasn't banksy, just some tattooist in croydon whos quiet good at doing that kinda stuff too.
http://www.cherrybombdreads.webs.com High Quality Roving and Synthetic Dreads!

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”