NOTD Nail Of the day! Show off your polish!

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
synthetic-creature

Re: NOTD Nail Of the day! Show off your polish!

Post by synthetic-creature » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Ok, so I haven't been on here for a long time. But I have done some recent things, so I am going to post some nails, sorry for the crappy web cam pics! ok here we go.

First off my Zombie-ish nails. layed down a layer of "Antique Blue" Followed by purple, then the pink, finally some black. The webcam distorted my lines, again, sorry.

And then I did these today, I got the text out of old court papers. On my pinkies are my area code 419 Middle finger Savage vs. (keep name confidential) thumbs say Justice, just thought it was neat. I have posted a tutorial for how to do this in the "tutorials, everything else" forum!
..::Creature::..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[BoNe jEwElRy By CrEaTuRe ]

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Ooooh, I contemplated matting mine, as I'm wearing it again. You've just convinced me to do it!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Model's Own Pinky Brown from the Beetlejuice collection. I've since mattified it and it looks even better.

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:48 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Ooooh, I contemplated matting mine, as I'm wearing it again. You've just convinced me to do it!
I've been thinking the same! My nails need redoing anyone. Has anyone tried placing the magnet in a different place? See if it brings a different effect to the polish? I'm tempted to give it a go tonight and see if it works.

EDIT: I tried placing the magnet on the side of a nail instead of at the bottom, it looked pants.
Last edited by foximusprime on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blah blah blah

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Oh Bomber I hate you. I've got the whole set but i'm not allowed it until xmas. -grump-

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Yeah in the uk but you can only get boots items delivered in store if you spend over £20 :( anyway I got the 17 magnetised Sunday the same day I got m&s rainbow which is like gosh 549 but not quite as wow.
The magnetised has all but rubbed off! I think it may be the worst staying power of a varnish I have ever experienced. M&s rainbow is pretty much still completely on, doing well and looking great. I should take a photo!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Current nails:

Collection 2000 "smash" in black (I also bought the white & the sliver) Rimmel in Azure blue. I've added a matte top coat, but you can't really tell.

Honestly, I thought I hated this crackle polish stuff, but now it's on I really like it. I also, only bought this as I wanted the croc effect from Barry M but no where near me had it & I needed new polish TODAY :lol:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Monique_marion_may wrote:Oh Bomber I hate you. I've got the whole set but i'm not allowed it until xmas. -grump-
heee, they're so lovely though. I keep staring at them going o:

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Sarah it's lovely. I need the croc effect. And bomber your mean :P

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Monique_marion_may wrote:I need the croc effect.
As do I. I'm not supposed to be buying things for me though so close to xmas. I need to focus on others.
Dagnabit! >___<

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Illamasqua Harsh, based on their Christmas look tutorial only I couldn't be bothered doing a black base first.

somekindafreak

Post by somekindafreak » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:55 am

Ooh that is very glittery!!
Indecisive army FTW

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways..."

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm obsessed with the colours for the rimmel lycra, just a shame that it isn't long lasting, it doesn't chip, it peels! Especially if I use a base coat, it's so weird :/
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Goffy_lucc wrote:Image

I'm obsessed with the colours for the rimmel lycra, just a shame that it isn't long lasting, it doesn't chip, it peels! Especially if I use a base coat, it's so weird :/
I've got the really light turquoise one - it's gorgeous!

XTwisted_BitchX

Post by XTwisted_BitchX » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:55 pm

I bought some of barry m's croc effect nail polish today was all excited just tried it and wow what a mega let down and waste of money it just flaked off when i touched it to see if its dry tried it again and left for longer same thing =/ i am wearing barry m's foil effect as a base colour not sure if it dont stick to this colour i will try it with another colour see how it goes would of liked to have this silver as a base colour tho but hoping it works with another colour or i'll be taking it back
How you turned my world, you precious thing You starve and near exhaust me Everything I've done, I've done for you I move the stars for no one!
http://www.facebook.com/LivingDeadGhoul

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 pm

XTwisted_BitchX wrote:I bought some of barry m's croc effect nail polish today was all excited just tried it and wow what a mega let down and waste of money it just flaked off when i touched it to see if its dry tried it again and left for longer same thing =/ i am wearing barry m's foil effect as a base colour not sure if it dont stick to this colour i will try it with another colour see how it goes would of liked to have this silver as a base colour tho but hoping it works with another colour or i'll be taking it back
Did you buy it from a shop? I can't find it in any boots or superdrug.

XTwisted_BitchX

Post by XTwisted_BitchX » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:00 pm

yep i bought it from superdrugs this afternoon i been after it to for weeks my mum wanted to go in there for some lipstick and on the off chance they had it last bottle to so i was very happy to get some but not happy that it dont work on there silver foil effects polish im just about to try it now with barry m's grey colour hoping it works you have to leave it on for 3 mins it says on the side before it starts to crack after 10 mins and the patten started to show i touched it to see if it was dry and it stuck to my finger tip in dry flakes =/ i will let you know if it works on a normal polish and post pics :)
How you turned my world, you precious thing You starve and near exhaust me Everything I've done, I've done for you I move the stars for no one!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 am

I read you need to apply it while the base coat is still tacky.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

XTwisted_BitchX

Post by XTwisted_BitchX » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:27 am

yeah it says on the side do not apply to dry polish but before that says wait 1-2 minutes until nails are touch dry go figure lol it works fine on normal polish im happy to say just not on Barry m silver foil effects maybe cause it metallic i dont know im wearing Barry m grey and white on my middle finger so the effect stands out more really does depend on how thick you put the croc effect on as i have different effects on each nail very funky think i like this more then there crack effect one anyway on with pictures :D
Left hand with flash
and without flash
Right hand with flash
and without
so worth getting just gonna take some practise with getting all the nails the same was first go and its late hope you ladies have luck getting hold of some :D

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:34 pm

That looks amazing, I was going to pick up some today but I didn't have enough points on my superdrug card to get it D:
I did however get two new shades of barryM A bright green and pink crackle polish to see what the big deal with (also my mum bought me some in an orangey colour, can't remember the brand though)

Personally, I just think it looks messy, But I think it would look nice over black nails, so I will try that next time :3

~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Need croc effect.

Nails currently:

Models own black magic with MUA "shade 1" over the top. It's a very fine blue glitter, extremely hard to photograph & TBH hard to see IRL unless the sun shines on it.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

CryptiquesBizarre

Post by CryptiquesBizarre » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:43 pm

I've decided to show of my nails. Nothing professional, just bored and in the Christmas/Winter spirit.. unfortunately, I live in south TX and won't be seeing snow so I figured I'd sport snowflakes.

Crimson Red with White and a layer of sparkly clear polish:

SImple for the toes, white then a layer of the sparkly clear polish:
Forgive the side messes, I didn't clean them up when I took the photos. ><

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Gonna cover them with a matte top coat in the next few days, will update when I have.

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:36 pm

I don't have nails myself *bitebitebite* but ohw how I adore the metallic paint! :shock:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”