"Cat Chat" - The Crazy Cat Lady Thread!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ShadowThrone

Re: "Cat Chat" - The Crazy Cat Lady Thread!

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 pm

:lol: I think the paw buttering is a bit of an old wives tale? My mum did it to both her cats though!

rebel82

Post by rebel82 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:23 pm

ShadowThrone wrote::lol: I think the paw buttering is a bit of an old wives tale? My mum did it to both her cats though!
i was scared he would lick it off before he went anywhere!never done the buttering before and had cats all my life but my last cat was killed by a car and im really paranoid about letting him out :(

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:48 pm

We've started Abby off with supervised outdoor time and now she goes out for an hour or so every day. She's not strayed from the garden yet, which is what we want. We did let Reuben out in the garden, heavily supervised but I've got slug pellets down everywhere now because they're eating my plants and I'm worried he'll eat them and poison himself.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:00 am

We have a small fenced garden, and Q goes out sometimes in summer with us there, we both agreed he'd be an indoor cat though. He is happy enough.

He has a new thing of sitting on a pile of boxes in the hall,and chirping at anyone who walks by, it's very cute!

A recent pic, in the washing basket :lol:

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:36 am

Upside down kitty.

zaea

Post by zaea » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

This is my kitten. :3

He's close to 6 but I think we got him cut too early because he sounds like a baby XD
He thinks he is a person and you must speak to him as such or he gets offended and makes faces at you.

He's quite a talker, he'll recite you an entire kitteny novel if he feels like talking.

I need to record him talking sometime, it's unbelievable. I have a video of him playing fetch with one of his toys somewhere.

Oh, and he's 19 pounds and not considered obese. He's just huge.

That's him and our other cat, Molly. Molly was average size. She passed away a few months ago, being very close to 18 years.

Prosthetics

Post by Prosthetics » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:08 pm

I just got my female cats spayed, and one of them (her name is Seleen) has been attacking my other cats now.
She used to be a very shy kitty, but now she's completely different. I don't mean just like swiping at the others, shes full on attacking them. I ran upstairs this morning to cats screaming and there was cat fur all over, and my big boy cat had a scratch on his nose and Seleen ran away looking extremely guilty.

This is the third time she's done this in a week now. And I don't know what to do....

I have her seperated from the others for now, and I called her vet, and she said if she doesn't calm down in a few days she might have to go on Prozac?!?!

Any suggestions or any explanations would be greatly appreciated. :(
+~!!!Miss Marionette!!!~+

Fear is a nameless evil

zaea

Post by zaea » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm

It could be hormones. Same thing happened to one of our old kitties. She chilled out after a month or so, but that month was hell.

Of course, she was also pregnant when she got spayed :(

How long has it been? If she just got spayed within the week and she's acting like that, she could hurt herself flipping out. Separating her from everyone else and keeping her safe in a calm, quiet room until she heals is probably your best bet.
There are a ton of reasons why a kitty can be cranky after a surgery like that.

Prosthetics

Post by Prosthetics » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:24 pm

She was pregnant when she got spayed too, but her tummy is almost all healed. It was about 3 weeks ago.

The first attack happened one night when they were all sitting in my bedroom window and I was in my living room, I heard cat screams and ran into my room, and just as I ran in, I seen something from outside the window run away. It almost looked like a coyote, but I couldn't be sure, I only caught a glimpse of it.

And after it ran away she started FREAKING, attacking all my other cats. I grabbed her by her scruff to try and make her stop and she hissed in my face (that's never happened) and when I put her down she went right back to attacking them.

And I have a biiiiig tom cat, (hes been neutered for years) and he isn't afraid of anything, but he was freaked out about her after I finally got them seperated.

I don't want her to seriously injure one of my other cats or herself, like while I'm at work or something. Cause I have no idea what would have happened if I didn't intervene.

Fear is a nameless evil

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Trying to eat a feather

Prosthetics

Post by Prosthetics » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Eeeeeeeeek!!

What a cutie!
Good timing for a pic

Fear is a nameless evil

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 pm

It took many trys! One not so action shot

AwesomeZombi3

Post by AwesomeZombi3 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:43 am

MyCrazy kitties. Mitzie, seen here sleeping on my son's changing table, and Alley Cat looking up at me from the sofa arm.

.*.ArieS.*.

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Gawwwwwjus kitties in this thread.

You guys, my Reuben has gotten so big!

From this in late May:

To this, 2 days ago:
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:25 pm

iamtheparty wrote:Reuben has started doing something really strange. When he's settling in for a nap and he's doing that 'kneading' thing, he's started grabbing hold of his tale and sucking on the end of it. It's so weird to see (and hear!) so I Googled it and it apparently can be something that kittens do if they were weaned too early. He came to us at 10 weeks from the RSPCA so who knows when he left his mum. It makes me a little sad but he purrs like mad when he's doing it so he must be enjoying it.
I know this is a little late, but it sounds like sucking their paw type thing, my doggie still sucks her paw (she can't get a hold of her tail :lol:) even though she's 14, she's pretty much done it all her life.

If the kitty is content then I'm sure it's fine :D

AwesomeZombi3

Post by AwesomeZombi3 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:06 am

I Agree, as long as kitty is happy, be happy for him!!!
.*.ArieS.*.

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:37 am

My little Loki peeping, thought you guys might enjoy :)

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Aww adorable :)

filthy_dreads

Post by filthy_dreads » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:17 pm

my baby:> this pic was taken some time ago, now he's big and dangerous:P
his name is lucifer (lucyfer, lucek :) )

open to custom orders!

http://www.facebook.com/filthy.dreads

rebel82

Post by rebel82 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Image my wee guy gizmo,hes nine months now and turning into a total beast!

mrs. mole

Post by mrs. mole » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:51 am

dear chuck norris,
it took a month to catch you after my mum passed on, and we've had a bit of a time of it getting you settled with my cat crew, getting used to strangers, and having to move house as the bitch we shared with did not want you to come and live with us. i'm so proud of how you've come out of your shell and mum would be too. you are a scruffy cantankerous little beast, but despite the hassles (and the huge ammout of hair you shed), i'm glad your a happy cat now.

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:37 pm

mrs. mole wrote:Image

dear chuck norris,
it took a month to catch you after my mum passed on, and we've had a bit of a time of it getting you settled with my cat crew, getting used to strangers, and having to move house as the bitch we shared with did not want you to come and live with us. i'm so proud of how you've come out of your shell and mum would be too. you are a scruffy cantankerous little beast, but despite the hassles (and the huge ammout of hair you shed), i'm glad your a happy cat now.
aw he's so handsome...what a nice story

its a bit old..but to prosthetics, if you're still having trouble with your aggressive cat you could try bach's rescue remedy...rub a drop or 2 onto her ears and it should help take her down a notch. it seems kinda crazy but its pretty effective for many pets.
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”