"Cat Chat" - The Crazy Cat Lady Thread!

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
ScarletLady

"Cat Chat" - The Crazy Cat Lady Thread!

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:20 am

I thought I'd start a thread for all us cat lovers seeing as we've been taking over the undeserving posts thread :)
Mostly my fault but never mind - hope this is ok with the mods!

Here I though we could talk about our feline friends, share stories and pictures and ask for help and advice on all things kitty cat!

I gave Leeloo her first bit of dried food last night and she gobbled it down - she's like a little gannet!
Last edited by ScarletLady on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Re: "Cat Chat"

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:47 am

Uh wonderful thread ^_^

My ikkle Pagan come home with YET another bit mark on her ear. If I ever find that cat from down the road in my garden again I'm going to chase it off with a stick lol. He's a big fluffy ginger thing and keeps coming into our garden and beating my little girl up ¬_¬
**Zombie <^/._.\^> Kitty**

http://twitter.com/JayJayCuppycake

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 am

aw bless her...I think Leeloo's going to be a little ruffneck when she goes out - she's like a ninja :lol:

* Queen of Tangents*

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:07 am

I have 6 cats (and two dogs) Our eldest cat ,siouxie has two missing fangs, quite comical as one is on the bottom right and one on the top left- bless her, old snaggle tooth!

We also have a siamese...who is the most stupid cat in the modern world...this one must have been knocked on the head as kitten...he is so boss eyed he looks like the village idiot, has the weakest stomach in the world and sicks continually and has no fight or flight instinct, he just digs his claws in and refuses to move. Not sure how that is going to stop the dog playing with him.

He only speaks when he is told off and I swear he is swearing at us!

Back in his 'fighting' days (I use that term very vaguely) we used to call him ninja cat as he used to just sit and waggle his paw in the air making 'kung fu' noises!

He is also fiercely loving and used to let two of our kittens ( several years ago now) suckle his nipples! He love people and all other animals, especially the dogs and love to superglue himself to your thigh of an evening- bless him!

sashyy

Post by sashyy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:08 am

Ehh cant wait for my kittie!
I want to know kitties sex but I cant find out till next week :(
Hope its a girl sooo much!
Got a little tray, them ones with a cover on, food bowls and a bed from a lady on freecycle,
They where only used for a while but I hope kittie will go near cos they might still smell of the womens cat :/!
Bought some cbale tidies to hide all the wires away and some netting to put up on the balcony door when we open it!

I want kittie to come home nowwww!

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:08 am

Leelou is quite dark as well isn't she so she'll be running around like a ninja in the shadows lol. I've had to put LOTS of bells on Pagans collar because she kept bringing birdies home. The bells seem to have done the trick though. She's white but she's really swift so she could still get them without hiding. However with the bells she makes a noise when she runs so its giving her prey a fighting chance.

This is pagan all grown up (taken last week) - Image

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 am

sashyy wrote:Ehh cant wait for my kittie!
I want to know kitties sex but I cant find out till next week :(
Hope its a girl sooo much!
Got a little tray, them ones with a cover on, food bowls and a bed from a lady on freecycle,
They where only used for a while but I hope kittie will go near cos they might still smell of the womens cat :/!
Bought some cbale tidies to hide all the wires away and some netting to put up on the balcony door when we open it!

I want kittie to come home nowwww!
Make sure you wash it out loads but never with washing up liquid you can also get some "anti-bactirial none toxic smell spray" from Morrisons its harmless to cats but stops the smell so much. And if you wash it spray that in then put the little in it should be ok ^_^ That's what we did with ours any ways.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:14 am

sashyy wrote: They where only used for a while but I hope kittie will go near cos they might still smell of the womens cat :/!
When you bring her/him home see if you can bring something from the house - a blanket or something she's slept on and put that near the stuff...either that or leave something of yours round there for the kitten to play with or sleep on...the new smell won't be so much of a big thing that way. Dan bought leeloo home in a beanie hat that was his sister's and we left that on her bed for a few day so there was a familiar smell

* Queen of Tangents*

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 am

my lovely ninja cat - I took a load more pics last night on my camera, I'm going to transfer them to my phone and I'll post some more up :D

She's only 7 weeks in that pic and she's bigger already!

* Queen of Tangents*

CJB

Post by CJB » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 am

I've got a HUGE ginger & white fluffy monster tiger thing called Vince Noir, he was found locked in a shed, after someone near me moved house. So I took him in. The first day I got him, I had to shave him, because he was so matted. The first month we had him, we had to feed him under the sofa, because that was where he lived. Ha.
Hes incredibly vocal, and just walks round the house talking to himself or doing something stupid. I came home from work the otherday, to find tampons EVERYWHERE. And I mean, in the garden, in the bath, over the stairs, behind the sofa. Hes pretty mad. Must find a pic :D

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 am

aw bless - that's such a sweet story :)

* Queen of Tangents*

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 am

AWWWWWW KITTEH LEELOU!!!

LOL CJB - your cat sounds great bless him! we need pictures ^_^.

We have 3 cats but Tom isn't mine and Reco keeps leaving us and living next door for a few weeks at a time. He's never been the same since he got knocked down.

Pagan is my baby though I love her so much even though she's a nutter and tries to sit on your head or shoulder when your sat down and curls her tail around your face but I love her. She's the first pet that was truly "Mine"

CJB

Post by CJB » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:34 am

I have no idea how to upload pics :S

Hes is a sweetie. I don't have a catslap though, cos hes too big to get through them. Hes not fat, just lanky.

Its a nightmare in the morning, cos hes so fluffy, I have to run around in my knickers, and put my black work trousers on quick, walk to the door with my legs spread open, so he doesn't rub himself all over my trousers. Its like, he sees you in black, he homes in.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:36 am

Do you have pics on a PC or phone or anything? if they're on a PC you can upload them using Flickr or photobucket it's pretty easy. then you just copy and paste the IMG url they give you on the site. if they're phone pics you could do the same or I send them for free to my bluebook as I don't have the net at home and they're online straight away (I love 02)

Leeloo is my first proper cat as well as it's always been either my parents or a joint thing before - I consider her mine and Dan's really, but he insists he got her for me :D

She's the absolute nuts I love her so much - she's so entertaining!!

* Queen of Tangents*

CJB

Post by CJB » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:49 am

These are from a year ago, but have got some new ones at home, I can upload on monday. He looks better now, than this, and alot bigger.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:50 am

aw he's lovely - I always wanted a big ginger tom - my friend has one called BagPuss and he's wicked. He's massive as well!

* Queen of Tangents*

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:50 am

Has she seen birds out of the window yet? Pagan used to sit on the back of the chair in the living room looking out at the flying around sat on her back legs like a meercat and making a sound like "Hannibal Lector" lol

CJB - Pagans the same. We had to remove our "clean washing basket" from the bathroom cos all the clean clothes had a hint of white fur one them cos she used to sleep in it lol.

OMFG HES SO CUTE!!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:58 am

no not yet...she does the meerkat thing tho :lol:
she sort of half stands on her back legs and then jumps up and pounces on things...and waves her front paws like she's dancing - she makes me think of those polar bears who break into the top of seal hideouts if you've seen that on a nature programme :D

* Queen of Tangents*

CJB

Post by CJB » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:05 am

He's bigger now. But hes such a cutie. When me and my fella split up, and I moved out. I got him, and hes slept in bed with me ever since, has his own pillow and everything, as if to say, its ok mummy, I still love you. :D

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:10 am

CJB wrote:He's bigger now. But hes such a cutie. When me and my fella split up, and I moved out. I got him, and hes slept in bed with me ever since, has his own pillow and everything, as if to say, its ok mummy, I still love you. :D
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

sorry that's just UBER cute :D

Leeloo likes to snuggle up in between our heads when we're in bed...I woke up last night to the sound of her purring and kneading my face and Dan's alternately :lol:
I think she's got a bit of a crush on Dan tho because she get's jealous when we cuddle - not aggressively so she just trys to get inbetween us, and she seems obsessed with his smell and is always burrowing into his lap :lol:

* Queen of Tangents*

Sophrodisiac

Post by Sophrodisiac » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:10 am

Kittehs! <3

My best friend (and ex)'s cat is the sweetest thing ever =] She's knicknamed lilly pooh, i remember when she was 4 weeks old when i was still with him, and she fitted in my hands and would just fall asleep on my lap sprawled out on her back ^_^
If i can find a picture i'll post it. :)

I really want one of my own one day xD
I like bubbles.. :)
Dread it and Rave
SOPHI BUBBLE =)

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:14 am

Yay cat thread :D

Mine is 15 weeks (I think!) and a real trooper. We have recently moved to Norway from London and he went on his own flight, we went to collect him from customs and he was purring like mad :) he seems to love our new place too. He is very playful, but snuggly too. Sometimes he is a real terror but he is the best behaved cat in other ways I have ever known! He takes everything in his stride, is rarely scared of anything, and he has never had any toilet related accidents, not one! He also eats loads and is about 4 times the size he was when we got him :lol:

Couple of pics, this is him on the first night we had him:

and him the other day chilling on the rug:

and because its a cat thread...this is my OH's childhood pet who is still going, he is 18 and a Norwegian Forest Cat, he is massive and a grumpy old man :lol: he goes for little holidays with them to the cabin. He is a real alpha male cat and I think he's great!

Edited to add my old cat Sammy, I had him from when I was 12, to 24 and he was a great cat :)

Damn I love cats :lol:
Last edited by ShadowThrone on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:18 am

Aw your boy is doing really well for 15 weeks - we think Leeloo is going to be big too
and that other cat is very handsome, looks like a proud boy!

* Queen of Tangents*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 am

Hehe yes they are great cats :lol:
Quorthon is currently hunting his toy mouse...we think he will be big too, big and fluffy :lol:

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 am

Leeloo has a fluffy carrot she plays with...and she loves Dan's Rizlas - she leaves them all voer the place :lol:

Oh and she keeps undoing the laces on Dan's trainers all the time - she's become an expert at i :D

* Queen of Tangents*

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”