The "What are you currently reading?" thread

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Loric

Re: The "What are you currently reading?" thread

Post by Loric » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:37 am

I'm currently reading the 2nd book in the Newsflesh trilogy my Mira Grant. Deadline. In a world where zombies broke out in 2014, and its now 20 years later, its and interesting look at what safety precautions are in place. More importantly when the original outbreak occurred the *mainline* news covered for as long as they could. It took one scientist hijacking his 9 year old daughters online blog to get the real story and *killing* methods out there. George Romero's films suddenly become educational in zombie killing. It shows the rise of the blogger and how even in a presidential campaign having someone recording full time can help or hinder depending and their bias. When the blogging team picked to shadow a presidential favorite (a first even then) are continually plagued by bad luck and outbreaks it seems that finding out the truth can be deadly game of cat and mouse. By the second book you find out revelations which rocks the foundation of what you thought you knew from book 1. They're must reads and I must say I'm looking forward to the third installment next year.
Sorry I do online book reviews so i'm very aware of everything i comment on book wise :)

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:56 am

I am reading the autobiographical Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry.

I dislike bios as a general rule, but Stephen Fry is one of my favourite personalities and also a very good writer. He has a poetic turn of phrase that makes rich descriptions of ordinary scenarios. And he is a very interesting man.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Kaminoke

Post by Kaminoke » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 pm

I've just finished reading The Resurrectionist by James Bradley - dreadful book, don't waste your money. :x In fact, if you DO want to read it, you can have my copy for free.

I don't give up my babies for love nor money, so that's saying something!

_my_purple_skys_

Post by _my_purple_skys_ » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:29 am

i am just staring the heroin diaries by Nikki Sixx. Highly reccomended by a friend and so far so good!

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:31 am

I've just started reading 'The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks' the story behind the HeLa ceels, cells which made is possible for medicine to have major advances. Its really good.

Lady J

Post by Lady J » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:15 pm

The Hogfather from Terry Pratchett. Poor Terry, hope he's alright.
Fixing problems with your hair, alopecia and others.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”